@ ryzen x470 MB and i dont know which i should lean towards, advice?

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
the two MB in question are

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-X470-AORUS-Gaming-WIFI/dp/B07BVNYFM2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523816812&sr=8-2&keywords=x470+motherboard

^^ for this there are two mobles i am looking at. this one and the model below it for 180$.

and

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X470-GAMING-M7-Motherboard/dp/B07BZ424WV/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1523816812&sr=8-10&keywords=x470+motherboard

again the model below for 200$ is something i am also looking at.

which brand is known to be more reliable or mostly better design?

on a very side note: is there a possiblity/any word/ anything at all of a x470 MATX? because that is what i really want but i did not see a single MATX board for 370. if there is no MATX i am also changing my case because of that :(

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
...i never thought buying a motherboard would be this hard, now there are more MB out there for X470. now there are Asus...anyone have a solid MB that they recommend?

Mar 26, 2018
I was debating between the Asus prime x470 and Gigabyte Aorus 5 x470 WiFi and ended up going with Gigabyte as I was recently still upset about my last Asus board needing RMA'd (Asus STRIX B350-F) for random hard crashing. I'm very pleased with the performance and features of the Gigabyte. The Bios is a little archaic in comparison to Asus' bios but all the settings and options are there- just no EZ Tuning Wizard like Asus has where you click 3 buttons to overclock. Gotta type it in manually but other than that it has some rock solid reliability, looks gorgeous, and was easy to setup. The built in WiFi also kicks ass and has a magnetic base to the antenna to mount anywhere. Also Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software is faster and easier imo than Asus' Aura Sync.

xraulb

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

thanks for the input but i already bought my motherboard last week. chose hero from Asus because of that IO on the back. the more usb i have the better. the wifi on both the hero/ gigabyte sucks in my view. not because of performances reason but because i dont like those fins that has to go somewhere on the case. MSI version is what i like more.