[SOLVED] Ryzen XT Refresh

Solution
I am building a new pc. I was wondering if i should buy ryzen 7 3800x or wait for the ryzen 7 3800xt .

Honestly based on the info that has been released about the new 'XT' chips - the speed bump is really small (whilst they are going to cost quite a bit more). From a value perspective I don't think they are worth waiting for (and I also don't think they will cause the current parts to drop in price any further as they are priced to slot in with the existing parts).

What are you building the machine for? Honestly in most situations the 3700X is a better buy than the 3800X as the difference between the two is virtually nothing in actual use.
I am building a new pc. I was wondering if i should buy ryzen 7 3800x or wait for the ryzen 7 3800xt .

Honestly based on the info that has been released about the new 'XT' chips - the speed bump is really small (whilst they are going to cost quite a bit more). From a value perspective I don't think they are worth waiting for (and I also don't think they will cause the current parts to drop in price any further as they are priced to slot in with the existing parts).

What are you building the machine for? Honestly in most situations the 3700X is a better buy than the 3800X as the difference between the two is virtually nothing in actual use.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
For gaming primarily? What resolution is your monitor?

I don't think the XT series is worth the high cost for the slight bump and no stock cooler. Good marketing idea and the 3700x recently saw another price drop due to the XT release. The 3700x is a great value right now.

And these prices will all likely drop again late this year when the 4000's are released.