Question RYZEN7 3700X TEMPS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2020
Hello everybody

I ve just wanted to know if my temps in my CPU ryzen7 3700x are normal or not
Idle temps 40°
While gaming it jumps to 70°c in games like RB6 AC odessey or warzone
M not overclocking my pc

My specs are
CPU r7 3700x at 1.45 v
MOBO TUF B450 GAMING PLUS
GPU 2060 SUPER 8G
RAM 16 GO ( 2x8 2666 MHz)

M New in pc and that is why m asking
Thanks for your advices

Jun 27, 2020
You should be good on stability I've been testing his input for 2 months I've had no crashes and that's running cod for 12 hours daily I broke my arm so I have nothing better to do lol what Mobo do you have ?

Reactions: JOMNI7AMINE
Jun 27, 2020
Did you overclocked yours?
No I've thought about disabling on die turning it into a 6 core and trying to hit 5ghz I've seen it done but at the same time I loose half of my cores so I don't know if it would be worth it plus I'd have to get a water cooler and don't know if it's worth the hassle I'll probably try eventually once my second rig is up and running

Jun 27, 2020
No I've thought about disabling on die turning it into a 6 core and trying to hit 5ghz I've seen it done but at the same time I loose half of my cores so I don't know if it would be worth it plus I'd have to get a water cooler and don't know if it's worth the hassle I'll probably try eventually once my second rig is up and running
Ah good ...many of my Friends adviced me to use a water cooling but m not going to overclok mine so i wish the aircooling ne good enought

Jun 27, 2020
Ah good ...many of my Friends adviced me to use a water cooling but m not going to overclok mine so i wish the aircooling ne good enought
Air coolings fine water looks cleaner even if your not oc a little easier to get around in the case hell you could probably get a little oc on air if you try don't shoot for the moon lol my rig now is a b450f 3900x 16gb 3200mhz 2080 super 650 watt psu my 1080 blew up I overclocked the piss out of it with msi completely my fault lol so I got the 2080 was trying to wait for ampere just didn't make it lol

Jun 27, 2020
Air coolings fine water looks cleaner even if your not oc a little easier to get around in the case hell you could probably get a little oc on air if you try don't shoot for the moon lol my rig now is a b450f 3900x 16gb 3200mhz 2080 super 650 watt psu my 1080 blew up I overclocked the piss out of it with msi completely my fault lol so I got the 2080 was trying to wait for ampere just didn't make it lol
I ve the same psu too but i ve 16 gb 2666 MHz ....i don't know how to oc m not that Good technecly in pc lol ....m afraid to miss with something wrong

LetsPlayThisBro

Honorable
Mar 14, 2015
Okay bro ..thanks a lot m going to let it like what it shown in the video
So the last question did the aircooling matter ?
I use game max 500 rgb should i change it ?

Might want to try reseating it if you think the thermals are bad, how did you put the paste on? Also what case are you in? If you said it before I missed it. In a tight case and improper fan layout/airflow it can have an effect on thermals for both the CPU and GPU, so it's something to be planned out closely.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Water cooling = aircooling, same potential, unless you go for biggest AIO's. But understand that temps are not cooling potential, efficiency is temps. Noctua gets better temps than most because the fans work much better with the heatsink design, even if another cooler might have the same cooling potential, Noctua just does it better. Capacity and efficiency are not the same thing. That applies to liquid cooling too.

alexbirdie

Respectable
You can try undervolting in BIOS. Core-voltage ---> offset ----> -0.05 as starting point. You can try up to -0.1.

Stability tests with AIDA64 and prime95. If they run for about 15-30 minutes, all seems ok. But not 100%, but when you work/play for half a day without issues, than it looks perfect.