[SOLVED] Rzyen R5 3600 temps question

DejanSRB

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
Hi, i built a new PC few days back, and ićm wondering now after using it for few days, what are considered ok temps for it. Currently while playing games, such as Warzone, GTAV and Warframe, i've barely seen it hit 60c, in some extreme cases maybe 70c.. Last night i did some stress testing with AIDA64 and i saw temps hower in the range of 83-84c under full load. So what i'm wondering is are these temps okay for that CPU given that i'm currently using Cooler Master's Hyper 212 Black cooler. I'm considering an AIO liquid cooling but that might be a bit off as i'm not able to spend anymore money for that till the end of January.
So all i'm wondering, is there any cause for concern or are these normal temps considering that i already googled around and know that AMD chips do run hotter than their Inter counterparts.

Solution
fairly normal temps for running aida even with aio.

depending on ambient my cpu idles between 44 and 55 all day, so those temps under load are about right. Nothing to worry about. Max is 95 I believe, is fine below that.
Hi, i built a new PC few days back, and ićm wondering now after using it for few days, what are considered ok temps for it. Currently while playing games, such as Warzone, GTAV and Warframe, i've barely seen it hit 60c, in some extreme cases maybe 70c.. Last night i did some stress testing with AIDA64 and i saw temps hower in the range of 83-84c under full load. So what i'm wondering is are these temps okay for that CPU given that i'm currently using Cooler Master's Hyper 212 Black cooler. I'm considering an AIO liquid cooling but that might be a bit off as i'm not able to spend anymore money for that till the end of January.
So all i'm wondering, is there any cause for concern or are these normal temps considering that i already googled around and know that AMD chips do run hotter than their Inter counterparts.
Max temperature (Tjmax) for Zen 2 CPU's is 95C so your CPU is quite safe at 85C. I agree that temps in the mid-80's aren't at all unexpected running an unrealistically heavy workload like an Aida64 stress test. And remember that the tightly nested AVX instructions it runs is indeed unrealistically well optimized. That's not likely to be seen in real-world code, at least not for a long duration.

You may actually see very little, if any, improvement in cooling with an AIO. The reason is the thermal density of the 7nm geometry; it makes for such a small die surface area that contacts the heat spreader it can't move the heat fast enough. But what it might help with is keeping temperature in the low-mid 70's with realistically moderate workloads. That's important because it starts limiting clock boosting more and more as temp raises above 75C .

Colif

Win 11 Master
It probably depends how much noise you willing to put up with, I run my 240mm aio on Quiet fan plan so its not as cool as it could be on balanced but its not overly hot either. And extreme plan just seems overkill.

Balanced only really lowers temps by a few degree but I can sure hear the fans... so I don't see it as useful in the long run. That and I am fighting ambient and the liquid will never below that. If I lived in a cooler climate I might see the temps people with intel cpu record. I remember 24c or less on my 4690k just a few months ago.

DejanSRB

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
I can tolerate some noise as i got used to it. Over the summer period i am forced to run all of the fans quite a bit faster as it does get hot over the summer here and my room is not that big to begin with. So i guess for now i will let it sit as is with the CM Hyper 212 Black Edition cooler, until i get a new case that can accomodate an AIO. Definitely won't be waiting for summer to that though. Thanks for the input nonehteless!