S-Video out

G

I have a GeForce 2 GTS with an S-Video out. Is there a way to convert this to some other format such as Composite or RGB? I have a really old TV I'd like to play DVD movies on which only has these inputs. I am experienced with electronics and can build PCBs etc if anyone knows the schematics. Other than that - is there a little box of tricks I can buy that will convert S-Video or the signal though the VGA connector to something else?

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A converter like this comes with the Hollywood+ DVD decoder card by Sigma Designs.
I believe you can buy it separately from their web site without having to buy the card.
www.sigmadesigns.com

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
S-Vid to composite converters are pretty common place. Most retail cards that have S-Vids out come with them. You might what to check a Radio Shack or professional video store for one. Its just a small piece of cable with a s-vid plug on one end a inch of cord and a female composite plug on the other end. I got two of them myself. One from a real hollywood dvd+ card and the other from a retail Hercules GF2 pro. Creative also ships them will all there cards with S-vids out. Check around a bit they do exsist and are cheap enough to ship with most cards.

TRENDING THREADS