S2/Uni--jumping

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
help of Motherlode, of course.
First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even if
I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place... familiar
from the first Sims... oh no!
Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
almost.
Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3 options
painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them to
die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the Sims
and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not using
the "moveobjects on".
Anyone had anything like this?
I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there is
maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
Sage

There's no limit to the number of times you can use the cheat but you do
need to remember to turn it off again - moveObjects off. It can cause
problems if you don't. Maybe that's what caused your problem. I'm not sure
though but it certainly sounds like a temporary corruption of some sort.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
> help of Motherlode, of course.
> First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even
if
> I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place... familiar
> from the first Sims... oh no!
> Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
> almost.
> Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3
options
> painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them
> die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
> OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the Sims
> and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
> on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
> back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not
using
> the "moveobjects on".
> Anyone had anything like this?
> I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there
is
> maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
> Sage

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

You're probably right... I do try to Remember to turn it OFF, But...
So far they're still "normal" or "Sim-Normal" anyway.
Sage
PS... I _like_ top posting :-O

> There's no limit to the number of times you can use the cheat but you do
> need to remember to turn it off again - moveObjects off. It can cause
> problems if you don't. Maybe that's what caused your problem. I'm not
> sure
> though but it certainly sounds like a temporary corruption of some sort.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> I built a wonderful house, made a couple of Sims to live in it, with the
>> help of Motherlode, of course.
>> First they just stood around and wouldn't do anything sometimes not even
> if
>> I directed them. Then they started jumping from place to place...
>> familiar
>> from the first Sims... oh no!
>> Then I directed them to swim and they started popping UP like dolphins,
>> almost.
>> Decided I couldn't handle this so aged them to max elders with the 3
> options
>> painting. They were such good looking elders I decided I didn't want them
>> die. But I was too late, they died, one just shortly after the other.
>> OK, I didn't want to lose them forever so I didn't save. Packaged the
>> Sims
>> and then had to redecorate the house. I had used quite a few "moveobjects
>> on" so I didn't use it this time and they're fine now that they've moved
>> back in. I changed very little in the redecorated house except for not
> using
>> the "moveobjects on".
>> Anyone had anything like this?
>> I'm don't know if I used it on an object that didn't like it or if there
> is
>> maybe a limit to how many times you can use this cheat?
>> Sage

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

I found the problem! It was some or one of the recolored surface Hot Tubs. I
put one back in and it said "no actions available" AND they were Jumping out
of the pool again.
I found a couple of them and removed them, I hope they're the right ones
because I don't know where to find the others.
Sage