SA300 SyncMaster Not giving display

prometheus_87

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I have a SA300 SyncMaster LED monitor. It has been working fine for the past 5 months. All of a sudden this morning it is not showing anything. I have connected it to my laptop which does detect it. I think the problem is that the monitor is waiting for a digital signal and it is getting an analog signal, because usually when it's working it first displays analog on the OSD. no when i have disconnected the cable from laptop and the pc it is showing "CHECK SIGNAL CABLE" and on the same alert box it is saying "Digital" whereas it used to say Analog.

Why is this happening? How can i change the signal setting of the monitor?

bendra

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012

This is very weird - I had the same thing happen this morning. Did you figure out how to fix? Really weird is that when I press the menu button under the monitor I still get no result. Maybe it's just borked...

G

Very weird !
This morning: same thing here: whereas the SyncMaster used to work fine in Analog mode, this morning the monitor is showing "CHECK SIGNAL CABLE" and on the same alert box it is saying "Digital" whereas it used to say Analog. When I try to reset the monitor in the 'menu'-section, I only can change the PC/AV input and nothing else. When I try to choose the connection by pressing the 3th button from the right (under the screen) it won't change a bit. Only the 'Digital'-input sign appears in Grey-colour for a few seconds...

anybody an advise or idea?

G

Very weird !
This morning: same thing here: whereas the SyncMaster used to work fine in Analog mode, this morning the monitor is showing "CHECK SIGNAL CABLE" and on the same alert box it is saying "Digital" whereas it used to say Analog. When I try to reset the monitor in the 'menu'-section, I only can change the PC/AV input and nothing else. When I try to choose the connection by pressing the 3th button from the right (under the screen) it won't change a bit. Only the 'Digital'-input sign appears in Grey-colour for a few seconds...

anybody an advise or idea?

Hi there!
It is something easy to get on this...
Maybe you have accidentally pressed first right button. it changes the mode from analog to digital transmission. you have to press it again. (this button is the third from power button and has an Enter shaped icon, a slash mark and an empty screen, look for it)
I am sure that this is the problem... :)

hkaddy126

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hi there!
It is something easy to get on this...
Maybe you have accidentally pressed first right button. it changes the mode from analog to digital transmission. you have to press it again. (this button is the third from power button and has an Enter shaped icon, a slash mark and an empty screen, look for it)
I am sure that this is the problem... :)

Hi am having the same problem...pressed the button you suggested and my screen just goes all blank like the power is not even on (but the power is on). If i try to press the button again it is unresponsive; only way to get a response seems to be to power off the monitor, then power it back on, which puts it back in its original state w/the check signal cable message

gomti

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

suhailalidina

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I have the same monitor working for 1yr and now I'm facing the same issue. I tried the remedy provided but still shows Digital. When I tried to choose the connection by pressing the 3th button from the right (under the screen) it won't change a bit. Only the 'Digital'-input sign appears in Grey-colour for a few seconds.

gnelson56

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
did anyone have ECO on? For some reason I had the ECO setting on in analog, then I use DVI, but i had to access VGA to remove the ECO setting, then back to DVI to set up my display again.

I also replaced my power supply for the monitor, and it powered right back up. Maybe the psu with the monitor is just not working

G

I had the same issue. The way to fix it is to install the firmware upgrade on the Samsung website (you'll need a laptop with a VGA port or a second monitor to connect so you can see what you are doing).

MehIImBored

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hi, I just got the problem recently and when i install and run the firmware, the application says "Your monitor already has the latest version or does not need to be upgraded, so it does not require an upgrade"

Is there another method ? =\

Elpicu

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

Did you use the analog or digital entry?

couse I had the same message that it was up to date.

I inputted my HDMI cable instead of the analog cable and pressed the firmware again and it started updating.

GL

kuyanelson2006

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

kuyanelson2006

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

peterq

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
ok, this started for me too, yesterday, and today i tried it again, but this time i tried to see if the menu button on the display would work, and hit all of those touch sensitive buttons on the bottom right, and then all of a sudden the screen came up, so i'm not sure which one made it work... but its okay now.

FoGi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

This worked perfectly. Tapped all the buttons quickly and randomly and display came back up.
:)

theetom

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
I have an LS27A550HS monitor that had the same problem. The monitor stopped displaying analog but after hooking up an HDMI source I found that digital worked just fine. I performed a firmware upgrade and PROBLEM RESOLVED! Thanks for the help.

jetpowercom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Update from up in here in mid-2015:

We had two 23" SA550s to fix.

I had read awhile back that it needed to update the firmware via the HDMI input. When it came time to do the fix, I reviewed what's online today, seeing that some folks claim success with updating over VGA.

Using both a box and a laptop - one at a time - as hosts for the upgrade and testing, I began with SA550 #1.

The box used a VGA connection. The laptop had both VGA (via DP-to-VGA adapter) and HDMI.

Both machines acknowledged the SA550, but - except for an evanescent initial display from the laptop via HDMI, the 550 refused to display a signal from either machine.

The display's miserable "push" buttons did no good. Basically, they functioned, but - except during that first successful but abortive display session, the buttons refused to respond to up/down selections.

That was fun. I resisted the temptation to fire up the soldering iron for use as an unassailable heat source on those buttons.

Finally, on the laptop, I (for the nth time) ran the update via HDMI. This time, it actually displayed the progress bar, percentages, etc., and took 2-3 minutes to run.

Viola - success. Confirmed the result over HDMI and VGA, on laptop and box.

The second display did not succeed over VGA, but did succeed the first time over HDMI.

Conclusion: Don't waste time with VGA; use the HDMI input to perform the firmware upgrade. I also believe that the pre-upgrade firmware is hosed in a way that lends itself to inconsistent symptoms.