Sabertooth Z77 motherboard DRAM_LED Solid Red

SkylineSev

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Hi, so heres my problem:

I had initially built my first desktop last october. Motherboard present was the
ASUS P8Z77-V LE, up until 1week back everything was fine, then one boot i could no longer locate the SSD for my Boot Mgr. I first taught SSD failed, so tested in another computer it worked fine, assumed it was motherboard failure from then on.

So ordered a new one - Sabertooth Z77 - installed today, everything was replaced in similarly easy fashion as before, attempted boot up, monitor was not detected, nor the keyboard or the mouse(leds not lighting up), Looked inside DRAM_LED is a solid red, Went Googling for the issue, found most answers were to attempt alternate slots for the RAM, so i tried A1+B1, A2+B2, and then single RAM stick test in all 4 ports (and tested it with both sticks), LED never changed.

Any suggestions whats wrong? or to test further?
I do not have any other RAM Sticks available and they shouldn't be the fault.

Im now in the predicament that if it is DOA, i need to return 2 Motherboards.
As I did not return the first on the fault detection as I would not have anywhere to store the components. If I do need to return it, can someone suggest the safest way to store the processor, video card and RAM set?

Thanks.

Solution
Check the CPU install, if it's correct and no debris or thermal in socket and no bent broken pins, it should pick up the DRAM in slot 1 or slot 2 at a minimum also make sure the AX power connector to the mobo is in firmly (the 4/8 by the CPU) and the 24 in is connected firmly

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Check the CPU install, if it's correct and no debris or thermal in socket and no bent broken pins, it should pick up the DRAM in slot 1 or slot 2 at a minimum also make sure the AX power connector to the mobo is in firmly (the 4/8 by the CPU) and the 24 in is connected firmly

Solution