Sad News: Microsoft Currently Has No Plans for Halo 4 PC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]Well, they never released 2 or 3 to PC, so what would've made 4 any different![/citation]
They did release 2. Played one on PC and it was great, two not so much and lost interest. As far as 3 and 4, I couldn't give a rats ass about them or anything from MS, Activision or EA.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]This was going to be my deciding factor in purchasing Halo 4. I have an Xbox, but I can't stand the console community, nor looking at eye/bleeding graphics from 6 years ago.[/citation]
It's said to be the best looking game on the 360 atm...

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Personally I don't consider this as any loss, I don't consider Halo in itself revolutionary or anything special like some people do, been gaming on the computer well before Halo was around to know there were better before it. And beyond that Halo has a horrible community last I checked, it was pretty much on par with counterstrike which I refuse to play anymore due to the community.

For me in terms of shooters the best online community I held the pleasure of dealing with was Day of Defeat. That was one of the best things about the game, you can log in play a fun game and pretty much make a lot of new friends while shooting each other up and trash talking cussing/racial slurs etc was pretty much universally not tolerated and had 0 tolerance or 1 warning and your gone on about every server I ever logged onto. And that was heavily enforced.

fack. it would look so good with my gtx 670 rendering all those textures. the devs said that they were constrained with the xbox hardware so they had to play tricks with the graphics. argh!

people play halo for the story. please read up.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
They won't release this title to PC because they need the exclusives to try and keep moving Xbox360 consoles.

Also Penny Arcade is being overly gracious. The extremely poor textures, rampant aliasing, and desync'd mouth movements during the game-engine rendered cuts all smack of a standard console fps. The game doesn't look nearly as good as Crysis 2 did on console, and even that game came to PC as a port full of missteps that took modders over a year to correct.

PC Community should be thankful they get to pass on this one. The story is literally Crysis 2 and Star Wars mashed together in the most awkward way, and personally I don't want Mountain Dew marketing double triple quadruple XP radical bonuses!!! on my preferred platform.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
halo has been a pretty fun series but i think it is overhyped, the origional's multiplayer jsut was the firs ttime some people had experienced anythign close the massive online play ... those of us in pc world havign been playing in this setting for many years but ... i will still likely get and play it once it comes down to the $40 range.. 60 for new games is just to steep, and while the first 3 plus reach and odst wre all decent gamess... they were not worth $60

valzero

Honorable
May 6, 2012
The last thing we need is another low res, weird mechanics and awkward control console game ported to PC. I am still traumatized by the new Hitman game it could have been so much more if made for PC instead. You can only design so much for a 300 dollar console. I spent 1100USD on video cards alone to play very demanding/high end graphic games not console crap.

G

i guess they lazy to make one. or maybe they waiting till dx12 comes... if dx12 comes anyway -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.