Safari and IE8 Were the First to Fall at Pwn2Own

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Both Windows and MacOS are made to begineers so neither Apple nor MS care about advanced users and unusual usage. Security will never be a concern to them.

Guess why no-one complains about Linux security...

G

Ummm...My guess would be the like .5% market-share of Linux. I can guarantee you the Windows is far more secure than Linux.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Ralifin[/nom]Ummm...My guess would be the like .5% market-share of Linux. I can guarantee you the Windows is far more secure than Linux.[/citation]
Ummm... Most of the Internet is running on Linux servers, practically all super computers are running Linux. And in the first competition by Pwn2Own there was PC running Ubuntu. The event ended and only un-hacked computer standing was the Ubuntu PC. Just because BestBuy don't sell Linux desktops and only knowledgeable users wipe the Windows and install Linux doesn't mean that Linux is not secure. In fact Linux was first to be attacked in the past. Before hackers started hacking desktops they were targeting the servers. On server market Linux is #1. With right support from smart and knowledgeable administrators the Linux is dam difficult to crack. (not impossible of course). MS has made some great improvements to Windows, but the legacy code is still huge problem. The biggest problem is the arrogant/ignorant and border line stupid users and nobody can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.