Safe Overclock For An MSI R9 270X 2GB

Drew_13

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Am lookig to overclock my GPU I've never never done this before and am just looking to overclock safely, can anyone tell me a safe overclock for my graphics card.

Solution
Overclocking is not an exact thing. Depending on your components, your overclocking results can vary. The best, and safest, method is to overclock ONE aspect at a time by a small amount. Then test it, for stability and safe temperatures. If it works, overclock a bit more. Then repeat the process. Eventually you'll find the limit, the point where it's no longer stable. Then you can move on to another part of the overclocking.

What you want to avoid is hearing someone say "I raised my base clock 100mhz" and you go and raise yours 100mhz all at once.
Overclocking is not an exact thing. Depending on your components, your overclocking results can vary. The best, and safest, method is to overclock ONE aspect at a time by a small amount. Then test it, for stability and safe temperatures. If it works, overclock a bit more. Then repeat the process. Eventually you'll find the limit, the point where it's no longer stable. Then you can move on to another part of the overclocking.

What you want to avoid is hearing someone say "I raised my base clock 100mhz" and you go and raise yours 100mhz all at once.

Solution