Safe overclock for fx 8320 8 core 3.5 ghz w/ 750 watt psu

Shamwow

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
What would be a safe overclock for my fx 8320 8 core w/ 750 watt psu ? plz and thx!

edit: if any other specific specs are needed just ask me

Solution
PSU plays least role when OCing. All it has to be is stable enough and that depends more on the make and model.
Requirements for OC:
MB with good VRM.
Good (better than stock) CPU cooler and case cooling.
Ability to OC high also depends on quality of particular processor.
PSU plays least role when OCing. All it has to be is stable enough and that depends more on the make and model.
Requirements for OC:
MB with good VRM.
Good (better than stock) CPU cooler and case cooling.
Ability to OC high also depends on quality of particular processor.

Solution

Hatekraze

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Every chip varies a bit so some can overclock higher or with less voltage than others. I personally have stuck with 4.45ghz @1.43v (1.41v under full load) because i didnt want to push the voltage close to 1.5v and wear things out faster. Past this point for me it starts taking alot of voltage for just a small clock increase. Ive seen some people that say they could get close 5.0ghz with the same voltage, so its all in luck of the draw.

I also had an issue with my old board's vrms not being good enough and i had to upgrade from my old asrock extreme3 to my current gigabyte 970a-ud3p. Previously i couldnt get past 3.8 ghz on 8 cores without the vrms throttling down from getting too hot. These chips use alot of power and that power first goes through the VRMs. So your board can be a bottleneck before the cpu would be if its not built strong enough for such increase in power. Temps is also something that will likely be a limiting factor. WIth my corsair h80 and push/pull fans i wouldnt have been able to reach my current clock. With my h105 with push/pull and high static pressure fans my temps never go above 45*C. Most say to keep full load temps under 60*, ive heard 70*C for the socket temps (not core temp) are fine but thats pushing things. I also have a TX750 power supply and im fine