Safe Voltage for GTX 1060?

I heard it was good to completely max out the voltage on graphics cards when overclocking, but it wasn't until recently I heard that with pascal you shouldn't do that.

What is the MAX safe voltage for the GTX 1060? Currently I max out at 1.062v when overvolting.

Solution
There isn't a way to go above the voltage set in the bios without hard mods, at least not yet, so.....crank up the voltage and the fans and overclock to your heart's content. If your card is constantly throttling down due to temp levels (you notice your clock dropping from 2100 to 2087 when the GPU core hits 60c), then drop the voltage a little bit, and try it again.

With Pascal, it's a balancing act between adding voltage to keep higher overclocks stable, and low enough voltage, to not contribute too much heat, to hurt your clock speeds when it starts to throttle down.
where did you hear all that about maxing out voltages ?? any voltage increase over stock out of the box NVidia is all your own risk matter of fact all manufactures have a foot note on overclocking in any way is all your own risk and voids any claims or warrantees..

pretty much how it is from here

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4oqwyq/overclocking_gtx_1070_max_voltage/

you could do a bios mod but ???? its your baby

One of the reasons my overclocks are modest is because I do not exceed stock voltage; doing so is the easiest way to kill a chip, possibly before you get any kind of thermal warning.
With that said, it is probably safe to use whatever OC utility came with the card (may not be Afterburner!) to increase voltage while remaining inside any "green" range (if present). Going into a "red" (or even "yellow") zone is quite possibly unsafe. That said, the silicon lottery may apply to voltage tolerance as much as to other chip characteristics, although node size will likely set a pretty hard limit. What that is, I cannot say, except that stock voltage was selected for a reason.

right even with afterburner it don't allow you to go over the set NVidia capped voltage that's where you go do a bios mod [at own risk] .. then as far as a safe max ?? you will not find a answer on that
like that slider in afterburner is just a percentage limit of how close to the cards set limit it can go before throttling takes place it don't increase voltage

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3128099/msi-afterburner-change-core-voltage-gtx-1070.html

pascal and NVidia gpu boost 3.0 is a whole new animal not as generous as older cards were [ if you can say NVidia is generous on oc'ing there cards ] each new series you get less and less chances to do so

Uncorking the new K|NG, Pascal version

http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=3879

I'm sure kingpin has a good answer to that to get the max out of his cards ?

Understood. I guess I'm just a little confused since guys like Jay say that you can max the voltage out if your temps are well in check.

For now my GTX 1060 is a bit funny, no matter how high I overvolt the card (20%-100%) the max voltage is always 1.062v.

Vellinious

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
There isn't a way to go above the voltage set in the bios without hard mods, at least not yet, so.....crank up the voltage and the fans and overclock to your heart's content. If your card is constantly throttling down due to temp levels (you notice your clock dropping from 2100 to 2087 when the GPU core hits 60c), then drop the voltage a little bit, and try it again.

With Pascal, it's a balancing act between adding voltage to keep higher overclocks stable, and low enough voltage, to not contribute too much heat, to hurt your clock speeds when it starts to throttle down.

Solution