[SOLVED] safest cooler for i9 9900KF - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hello. I want the safest Cooler for this CPU.
what im concerned about:
  • good cooling even under OC
  • very important: good durability. i dont want it to fail , or get worse over time.
not concerned:
- noise ( i use headset so i dont hear anything anyway)

Case doesnt matter, because i will buy a new one that fits the best cooler i can find.
THx

Solution
what im concerned about:
  • very important: good durability. i dont want it to fail , or get worse over time.
not concerned:

Case doesnt matter, because i will buy a new one that fits the best cooler i can find.
THx
I used a beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 on my 9900KF and it does a great job, plus it clears very high memory sticks -- the tall red G.Skill -- as that side fan sits up nice and high.

RealBeast

Titan
what im concerned about:
not concerned:

THx
I used a beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 on my 9900KF and it does a great job, plus it clears very high memory sticks -- the tall red G.Skill -- as that side fan sits up nice and high.

Reactions: svorcs
Solution

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
air cooling is the way to go? Can you explain a little bit about your temperatures?
Like during gaming, and during tests like prime95, aida, realbench? do you overclock?

Also one thing to know is here the summer is really hot ( sometimes 35-40) So it gets quite hot inside aswell( and atm i have no air conditioning )

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
If you want to overclock, air won't cut it. Even the top air coolers will either run hot, or thermal throttle in your attempts to test the OC's voltage stability, as well as testing cpu cooler thermal stability.
See here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGHiRrQ2AAo

I would aim for 360mm AIO. 280mm can also work, but doesn't provide as much flexibility as the former.
So if i go for 360 aio, which one should i buy? I really woudl wanna hear exact models and for me as in OP most important is : cooling performance and coolers longevity. ( i mean i want to use it for a long time without issues)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So if i go for 360 aio, which one should i buy? I really woudl wanna hear exact models and for me as in OP most important is : cooling performance and coolers longevity. ( i mean i want to use it for a long time without issues)
Well... liquid cooler longevity varies a lot more than air coolers do; they're more delicate, thus easier to mishandle, and have more points of failure.
But if you want to OC the 9900K, there's really no other avenue besides liquid.

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 280
NZXT Kraken X72 VS Corsair H150i Pro VS Fractal Design S36 VS EVGA CLC 280
There are updated versions of the Kraken X72 via the X73 and Z73.

Status
Not open for further replies.