[SOLVED] Salvage op. Integrated graphics on desktop upgrade.

Jan 16, 2019
Got given a 1030 rrd5 for a HP pavilion. They've picked up filmography and were suggested a cheap video card that can render in 4K

as far as I can tell the motherboards got intergrated graphics that has no way to be upgraded, despite power getting to it I haven't found a way for the pc to recognise it.

The processor : AMD E2 3200 APU with Radeon HD graphics
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon 6370D
Motherboard : PEG CORP 2ACF

I've done some research and watched a lot of videos on the matter but none of any help.
Merely using this as a last resort before returning it to a disappointed young man.

They've bought the Nvidia 1030 rrd5

Solution
Nearly all desktop computers manufactured in the past 15 years will have one that can accommodate the gt1030 physically, however some locked down motherboards can only supply a fraction or the 75 watta a normal pcie slot can supply. This may cause the pc not to recognize the card. Does the bios or device manager see the card.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That system is going to be woefully under-powered to render 4k with. Both the CPU (APU) and GT 1030 are on the very low end of performance.

Assuming the system works, installing the GT 1030 into an available PCIe slot should disabled the on-board video and switch over to the GT 1030.

Does this system work properly without the new GPU installed?

Nearly all desktop computers manufactured in the past 15 years will have one that can accommodate the gt1030 physically, however some locked down motherboards can only supply a fraction or the 75 watta a normal pcie slot can supply. This may cause the pc not to recognize the card. Does the bios or device manager see the card.

Solution