Question Same brand but different timing and size of RAM ?

Mar 27, 2023
I have an ADATA D60g 8gb x 2 RAM with 16-18-18-36 timings 3200mhz and was looking to upgrade. Will adding a 16gb x 2 3200mhz CL 16-20-20 be alright? Or should I just put in the 16gb x 2 and remove the 8gb x 2?

It usually works fine, provided you have a motherboard with manual timing and voltage adjustments and are willing to accept looser timings or higher voltage than the label says.

If it turns out that's what's required to get them to work together, then you could decide afterwards if it's worth it to you to remove the 8GB sticks.

Mar 27, 2023
It usually works fine, provided you have a motherboard with manual timing and voltage adjustments and are willing to accept looser timings or higher voltage than the label says.

If it turns out that's what's required to get them to work together, then you could decide afterwards if it's worth it to you to remove the 8GB sticks.

Can I use my MOBO's XMP profiles for that?

Mar 27, 2023
No, that only gives you the overclocking profile speeds. Manual settings are required if you want to be sure they will work together. If you don't have those, you could always just try it and if it doesn't work just remove the 8GB sticks.

Thanks. Will be ordering the 16gb x 2 now. Will just see if they play well together.