[SOLVED] Same ping times

Baggedblue70

Commendable
Jan 10, 2020
Only had the PC for 2 days now (new). Day one, first thing I did after hooking up my PC is run the ping commands and avg 45ms to Google (super distant) and the less than 7ms on the nearby addresses for the first day. Second day I ran same tests and 117ms to all addresses using the ping command prompt. But when I run a speed test to the nearby ip address that I ping in the command prompt, I get 4ms ping. I activated windows 10 on second day before running ping command again, only due to high ping in game. Activating W10 would be the only thing I could think of that changed. Pls help

Last edited:
Solution
That ms is latency from your house, to your exchange, to your isp, to many gateways, to your desired destination, then allll the way back again

In that gorgeous travel many things can go wrong and yes it starts at your PC, but activating windows would have nothing to do with it, unless a little magic was sprinkled. This one in my experience is mainly due to ISP, The site you're trying to access and your hardware (cables etc) - start troubleshooting your gear (seriously I woudnt spent alot of time on this) - after checking cables etc, the basics - check with your ISP to make sure they aren't having issues at the time of your issue

Furthermore, high ping in your game could 100% be with the host server itself / or distance

10ms is...
That ms is latency from your house, to your exchange, to your isp, to many gateways, to your desired destination, then allll the way back again

In that gorgeous travel many things can go wrong and yes it starts at your PC, but activating windows would have nothing to do with it, unless a little magic was sprinkled. This one in my experience is mainly due to ISP, The site you're trying to access and your hardware (cables etc) - start troubleshooting your gear (seriously I woudnt spent alot of time on this) - after checking cables etc, the basics - check with your ISP to make sure they aren't having issues at the time of your issue

Furthermore, high ping in your game could 100% be with the host server itself / or distance

10ms is fantastic still (in aus) but again - this latency is never garunteed - nor is the speed if you check with your ISP

Solution