[SOLVED] SAMSUNG 49" Class Wide Screen QLED Gaming Quantum Dot (5120x1440) Monitor - LC49RG90SSNX/ZA

Dec 22, 2020
Purchased a SAMSUNG 49" Class Wide Screen QLED Gaming Quantum Dot (5120x1440) Monitor - LC49RG90SSNX/ZA last week. It lasted 24 hours and no longer communicated through its DP or HDMI ports to either a pc or laptop. No idea whether it was HW or SW. Decided to stick with the original plan and order another one and try to make it work out. Its being mounted to an Imperator Works IW-320, the most ingenious "workstation" gaming chair ever conceived. Overall, just a simple question before I unbox the new monitor that just arrived. Easy Setting SW says the monitor can be split in many different arrays 2, 4, 6, etc windows on the one screen. It has 2 DP ports and a HDMI, or vice versa, don't remember exactly, but regardless. Do I need to connect all 3 ports to the computer to achieve the screen splitting of the maximum number of windows allowed, not that I'm going to use them all, just trying to figure out whats necessary to achieve the maximum and work my way down from there. Anyone following me? Any other tips anyone may have in properly "tuning" the monitor is more than welcomed!

Solution
Afaik you'll only Need a single DP, the firmware can split the screens up (for games that don't support 32:9 you can run a full screen in a firmware window) , as can Windows itself split multiple views, I have no issues with 4x pages open on dual monitors split screen on each.

The inputs are just that, seperate inputs, so you can use consoles, BR etc plus the pc through that monitor on different inputs. Not sure if it'll do simultaneous seperate inputs through the windows or not. Be kinda redundant to be playing a game on console while watching a stock ticker and a YouTube video and a BR movie all at the same time.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Afaik you'll only Need a single DP, the firmware can split the screens up (for games that don't support 32:9 you can run a full screen in a firmware window) , as can Windows itself split multiple views, I have no issues with 4x pages open on dual monitors split screen on each.

The inputs are just that, seperate inputs, so you can use consoles, BR etc plus the pc through that monitor on different inputs. Not sure if it'll do simultaneous seperate inputs through the windows or not. Be kinda redundant to be playing a game on console while watching a stock ticker and a YouTube video and a BR movie all at the same time.

Solution