Question Samsung 960 Evo

pistiC

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
Hi there,

my question is what the major differences are between these two Samsung 960 Evo models: (MZ-V6E250 and MZ-V6E250BW)?
I couldn't find this question posted nowhere, and I'm really curious now.
Thanks in advance.

pistiC

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
Nothing as far as I can tell from both specs.

But if you are going to buy one, you need the Evo Plus as thats 2019 and the ones you mention are 2018

Thanks for your quick response.
I am going to buy one, but I need to stick with one of the two I mentioned above as my mobo's storage QVL lists these two types of the 960s.
Therefore it doesn't really matter which one I go with does it?
There are two good deals I could make, and the non BW is even cheaper.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for your quick response.
I am going to buy one, but I need to stick with one of the two I mentioned above as my mobo's storage QVL lists these two types of the 960s.
Therefore it doesn't really matter which one I go with does it?
There are two good deals I could make, and the non BW is even cheaper.
What is your motherboard, and what will you use this drive for?

pistiC

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
My mobo is an ASrock X370 Pro4 (this)
And in the qvl list there are those two 960 EVOs listed and since I've had issues with my RAM sticks too, wasn't on the qvl list and wasn't compatible either, I want to make sure it will be all good.
Also is it worth buying a 970 Evo Plus?
Are the sequential write and read speeds noticeable? I know there are remarkable major differences in speeds if I'm not mistaking but most say on other forums it's almost the same, no significant differences for average users.
Will be used for common tasks and some gaming, nothing of the heavy stuff.

Last edited:

pistiC

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
any EVO Plus could only be a 970 variant from 2019, ergo not directly applicable to a discussion on 960 variants from early 2017 or so...

Yeah that's right, but that was just a suggestion from his side in case I'm planning buying one.
@ElectrO_90 if I have the chance to test whether it's working with my mobo or not I'll definitely go with the 970 pro.