Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVME SSD isn't appearing in BIOS menu after installing Windows 10 Education into it

Dec 12, 2018
Well, i just bought some new computer components for my new gaming pc. And that includes a Samsung 970 M.2 EVO 500GB NVME SSD. When all the components were at home and installed correctly and finished i started to download windows to the M.2 disk. And the installation process worked like a charm. And the things that i did when everything was finished with the installation was that i downloaded Geforce drivers and bios drivers and stuff like that. The basic stuff that you usually download after a fresh new gaming computer. But after i got an important windows update and after i restarted my computer because of the update, my BIOS just wasn't able to locate the M.2 disk with windows in it. I've tried everything that i have in my power. I can't specifecely say what kinds of solutions i have tried but i just need help right now. I don't understand how the M.2 disk suddently disappeared after just doing a update and then restart. I got a ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 F-GAMING.

I don't have a quick fix. I suggest you do it again with an install that includes current updates to the windows OS. When all is said and done, reboot several times to ensure that the install took . Then add drivers one at a time, again ensuring with a reboot that all is good.

Here are the install steps that have worked well.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings. CSM should be enabled. Select UEFI for boot device control and Legacy for the other options. SATA mode set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive, Windows Boot Manager will also work, and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.

Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

Any data on the drive will be lost

Dec 12, 2018
@karenjoly The thing is that windows nor BIOS can't detect my M.2 ssd. And how can i even download windows on that m.2 if i already have it in there. The M.2 ssd won't even show up on the Windows Installer either.