Question Samsung 970 EVO M.2 Slow Speed

Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone! I just realized that my samsung ssd 970 evo has slow read/write speed despite the official benchmark. It's almost half the guaranteed speed by samsung. I can provide crystak disk mark & info images if needed.

Feb 24, 2019
Sure.
intel i7 8550U 1.80Ghz
12gb ram
ssd samsung evo 970 500g m.2 nvme (latest nvme controller driver installed)
ge force 940 mx 2gb
OS windows 10

Last edited:
Does the laptop in question list the specs of the M.2 NVME slot as being PCI-e X4 lanes (32 Gbps?)...

Just wondering if perhaps they only enabled a pair of lanes to allow use with two M.2 slots, etc...; perhaps there might be BIOS options for configuration/prioritizing/enabling X2/X4 lanes, etc...

Feb 24, 2019
Does the laptop in question list the specs of the M.2 NVME slot as being PCI-e X4 lanes (32 Gbps?)...

Just wondering if perhaps they only enabled a pair of lanes to allow use with two M.2 slots, etc...; perhaps there might be BIOS options for configuration/prioritizing/enabling X2/X4 lanes, etc...
I really don't know how to see if my motherboard has M.2 slot being pci-e x4, there's just one M.2 slot for what I can remember when I installed the ssd. I checked all the BIOS setup and didn't found any PCI-e setting to switch from x2 to x4. The motherboard model is HP 841C and chipset is Intel Kaby Lake-U + iHDCP 2.2 Premium PCH.