Question Samsung 980 Pro Causing Games to crash

Mar 30, 2023
I got this Samsung 980 Pro. New condition, checked with samsung magician and crystal disk and both said it was good. I cloned my old hardrive Sandisk Plus 120gb, which is my boot drive, with Data Migration, converted the 980 to GPT. Set bios to boot from UEFI only. And booted from the new drive. For some reason, despite whether or not games are installed onto it or not, games still crash hours into gameplay. No man's Sky, Fortnite, Deep rock Galactic. No overheating. The crashes are somewhat different everytime. I got a BSoD once of KERNOL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION. But the consistent part of this crash is that it may or may not cause screens to flicker, but eventually go black.
It might or may not return one monitor to with sound sstill playing, crashing discord, and be able to move mouse to close programs or it might freeze. Once I lost my mouse, and now i just my background and both screens mirrored eachother upon reboot.
I have this issued all week testing when it will crash but it is hard to say as it takes hours for it to happen. I reinstalled windows, removed old drivers from my gpu with DDU and re-installed a new one. I updated bios to version 6042 as the latest is still in beta on my ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS motherboard. None of that helped.

Even when im booted into the old SSD, and the 980 is plugged in, wiped clean, unallocated, games still crash. Event viewer doesnt catch the crash, and AMD bug report gives me one error says, "AMD Crash Defender has detected an issue with your display driver. To prevent a system crash or hang, the display driver is now operating in safe mode with reduced functionality. It is recommended that you save all work and close any open applictions. A system restart is required to restore your graphics hardware acceleration."

At this point. I think i should just return the damn thing and get a new one. I dont know if a new one will give my problems too. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be happening. Please let me know.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: corsair 16gb 3200( set as 2133 by the bios and seems stable for me)
MOBO: Asus PRIME B-350 PLUS
GPU: MSI AMOR RX470 OC
PSU: be quiet! Pure Powerr 11 500w 80+ Gold
STORAGE:
120GB Sandisk (Old boot drive with windows 10 and set as MBR)
Samsung 980 Pro (New ssd i want to be my boot drive, but appears to cause games crash when it's installed)
1TB WD Blue HDD (Steam Games Installed)
500gb HDD (just tools and other files)

Mar 30, 2023
Did you do a new install of Windows? or just use the old one which was set up for different hardware?
DaleH

I did a new windows 10 install via the usb media creation tool onto the new 980 m.2. unplugged the old Sandisk SSD and booted the new install. Also keeping my other two drives which has my games installed and other programs