Samsung cfg70 144hz monitor

May 7, 2018
Recently I purchased Samsung CFG70 144hz monitor and I am using it with Gtx 1060 6gb graphics card.. Previously I used a full HD 60hz dell monitor and while gaming I used to turn vsync on for all games to avoid screen tearing.. Now my question is in my new 144hz monitor whether I have to use vsync on or off bcoz my graphics card barely cross 100fps and maximum between 70 to 80fps for recent games in full graphic settings...or else I have to lower the refresh rate of monitor to 120hz or 100hz...pls clear my confusion

Solution
You'll have to use v-sync to avoid it. (edit: didn't read you have an nvidia card). You could limit the monitor to a reachable framerate for your nvidia, and activate vsync, or simply activate vsync to mitigate the screen tearing, but fps drops will be not pleasant.

chris260999

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
You'll have to use v-sync to avoid it. (edit: didn't read you have an nvidia card). You could limit the monitor to a reachable framerate for your nvidia, and activate vsync, or simply activate vsync to mitigate the screen tearing, but fps drops will be not pleasant.

Solution