Question Samsung CHG70 vs AOC AGON AG273QCX

Dec 15, 2019
Hi,
Im not sure which of the two models I should choose for gaming and multimedia purposes. The only thing I found to be better on the AOC is the average response time, but its marginal. What do you think?

I have a 27" CHG70 (for the past 1.5 years). I haven't read up on the argon too much.

This may have changed, but as far as I know, every curved 1440p, 144Hz, VA, FreeSync monitor out there uses the Samsung panel. Then it's just a matter of what each company does with backlight and such.

The Samsung one is supposed to be better. It has a VA panel instead of the AOC's TN panel. The Samsung monitor is curved, however. The AOC one isn't.

Aside from that, the Samsung has AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, whereas the AOC simply has FreeSync. Last but not least, the Samsung has a 10-bit color display, which means there's exponentially more colors the display can show.

I think there's one more thing to be said, the price. Where I live the Samsung monitor is about 120 dollars more expensive. In the US the AOC monitor seems to be rarer and possibly more expensive.

Dec 15, 2019
The Samsung one is supposed to be better. It has a VA panel instead of the AOC's TN panel. The Samsung monitor is curved, however. The AOC one isn't.

Aside from that, the Samsung has AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, whereas the AOC simply has FreeSync. Last but not least, the Samsung has a 10-bit color display, which means there's exponentially more colors the display can show.

I think there's one more thing to be said, the price. Where I live the Samsung monitor is about 120 dollars more expensive. In the US the AOC monitor seems to be rarer and possibly more expensive.

There are multiple versions of the AGON AG271QX there is one which is Curved, has Freesync Premium and also has 8+2 bit colors.

There's different models in the AG271, AG272 and AG273 series. You mentioned a specific model of the oldest lineup. The model you mentioned does not have those specs. The AG273QCX does. They're completely unrelated. The AG271 series was released in like 2016. They don't have 10 bit colors (or 8 + 2 if you want to be nitpicky).

I'd like to see you link me to a 27 inch AOC monitor in the AG line with 8 + 2 bit colors.