Samsung Display Denies Terminating Contract with Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
"fruity iPhone maker"? As a slang term, "fruity" probably doesn't have the same meaning in South Korea as it does in the US.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Display agreement works well for both companies. Samsung can produce LCDs like no other and Apple needs more LCDs like no other. Though Apple should not rely on any one company for a critical component. I wish Apple could use a US based company for more of its components like LCDs but Asia production costs are too low to try to compete with.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think LG makes a better display then Samsung. Especially the ones they are providing to Apple.
Now on this subject, I don't think Apple wanted to pay the increased cost of the displays from the unforseen increase in production costs. The increase was only $1.5 Billion.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
"The news is seemingly part of a bigger picture involving the heated legal disputes between Apple and Samsung."

samsung displays was spun off by samsung, so the apple lawsuits don't affect them, samsung also doesn't influence them (I hope)

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Too little too late, Samsung could have seriously hurt Apple if they had stopped supplying them earlier. But now Apple has had time to cultivate other suppliers...

I personally think Samsung should have given Apple the finger at the first lawsuit, and watched their compont supply dry up before the iPhone 5 launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.