Samsung Evo 850 120gb Problem

Ysabag

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Can I get help? I tried everything without success. I did all the steps required to establish a new ssd.
The problem is "iops" is too low...thanks!

Solution

If your laptop has a SATA port it can support an SSD can't it? I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible.
Welcome to the TH Community, Ysabag!

Can you please provide more details about your computer configuration and specs?
I'd also ask you to share all the things you have done so far to successfully install the SSD in your system.
I'd start the troubleshooting by making sure the SSD is properly connected and even swap the SATA cable that is connecting it to the motherboard. Just like @CountMike mentioned, make sure it's connected to a SATA III ( 6Gb/s) port on your motherboard.

Keep us posted!
SuperSoph_WD

Ysabag

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Attached picture...
1.jpg.c024301441e88ded216143667e5b814e.jpg

Okay, @Ysabag!

I'd suggest you check if your laptop manufacturer's official website got any SATA controller/Chipset and AHCI updates for your model. I'd also make sure you got the latest BIOS version they have available.
Using the SSD's brand-specific utility, check if you got the latest firmware update for it as well.

I'd also advise you to use these SSD-specific diagnostic tools to test the health and SMART status of your drive.

Let us know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD

Ysabag

Commendable
May 17, 2016
After a telephone conversation with a representative of Dell Support,
He told me that my computer does not have an SSD drive compatibility.
Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Nick_50

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

If your laptop has a SATA port it can support an SSD can't it? I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible.

Solution