Samsung evo 850 250gb causing Memory_management BSOD and long boot times

Loppysaurus

Reputable
May 15, 2014
So some of you very helpful gentlemen may have seen my previous thread in which I was talking about how I wiped my SSD and was seeking to make it useable again.

Well by reformatting the drive and making it useable again, my long boot times and BSOD's are back, specifically memory management BSOD's.

I do not know why this is, games run just fine off of the SSD, this problem has been persisting a while now, even before I wiped the SSD volume.

Do any of you know why this might happen? My drivers are up to date I am pretty sure.

Loppysaurus

Reputable
May 15, 2014

Well here's where this gets awkward,

When my SSD was completely wiped and had no active partitions and was not formatted, I had 0 problems booting, it was fast, and had no BSOD, I know this because I did multiple shut downs to test.

Then I reformatted the SSD, I then did the same thing, behold, the BSOD and 3 min boot ups started again.

I did some research after I made this thread and discovered that there was a chipset driver issue on my H87I-plus, I did a couple of restarts with my formatted SSD plugged into the mobo, and now the BSOD's and the long load times are gone again.

I'm going to poke around a bit more with testing but it seems I resolved the issue with the chipset drivers, if it looks all good I'm going to do the migration to SSD using the post you made in the other thread.