Question Samsung EVO 860 only getting 300mb/s write while getting 560mb/s read. Any ideas?

May 14, 2020
Hahah :) Then I guess your speed is exactly what you should be having :) The 860 EVO is a SATA SSD and not an NVMe. Everything is fine.

I was like "does this person have a 860?" lol.
Hahaha yeah that's my bad! Yeah the speeds arent awful and I don't notice them in realworld use too much aside from moving games, but if you look at 860 EVO reviews they all get 500/500 and my write speed has fallen so far behind :/

Hahaha yeah that's my bad! Yeah the speeds arent awful and I don't notice them in realworld use too much aside from moving games, but if you look at 860 EVO reviews they all get 500/500 and my write speed has fallen so far behind :/

Mine is at 550/480. I have no idea why yours is at 300 something. Might be because the drive is already doing something when you do the test. It's probably an issue on the software side. Hard to pinpoint what could be causing this.

Reactions: SSD help
May 14, 2020
Mine is at 550/480. I have no idea why yours is at 300 something. Might be because the drive is already doing something when you do the test. It's probably an issue on the software side. Hard to pinpoint what could be causing this.
Yeah I got 480 once on CrystalDiskMark and then never again lol. I thought I had it sussed

USAFRet

Titan
That write speed is still pretty low.
This is my Samsungs, tested sometime last year. (date is the date first installed)
1kjq9zJ.png

I write caching enabled on this drive?