[SOLVED] Samsung evo 860 - Retired block count

Feb 20, 2020
Solution
I believe it means your ssd is no longer running at its max because its walling off blocks from you, 'retiring them'.

Tell them their pension is over with this TRIM enabling method from Boogieman_WD, which just makes your ssd run at maximum efficiency for its entire life.

1. Open CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator.
  2. type in fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify and press "enter". You'll get as a result either 1 or [b0[/b]. 0 means that it's enabled. If it's 1, it means that is not and move to step 3.
  3. type in fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0 and press "enter"
You're done and you have TRIM enabled.

But definitely see if you can RMA it from amazon, a few month old Samsung...

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
I believe it means your ssd is no longer running at its max because its walling off blocks from you, 'retiring them'.

Tell them their pension is over with this TRIM enabling method from Boogieman_WD, which just makes your ssd run at maximum efficiency for its entire life.

1. Open CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator.
  2. type in fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify and press "enter". You'll get as a result either 1 or [b0[/b]. 0 means that it's enabled. If it's 1, it means that is not and move to step 3.
  3. type in fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0 and press "enter"
You're done and you have TRIM enabled.

But definitely see if you can RMA it from amazon, a few month old Samsung should do better than that.

Solution
Feb 20, 2020
the vaue is 0, that means the TRIM is enabled. I also try to update the firmware but without solve the issue. I think to open RMA and buy the previous model EVO 850.