Samsung Galaxy S III Sales Top 10 Million

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
yes, thats why samsung is investing a lot of money into bada, they threw a bunch of cash at OpenMoblile to develope ACL for bada. Now that google is playing on both sides of the fence.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Very true, I ended up getting my mother a basic touch Samsung phone over a year ago that uses Bada, very unimpressed with it. The phone was inexpensive and met her needs so she doesn't mind, but no way in hell I'd use it.

Microsoft by going into Tablets must make phone manufacturers think twice before using them since they can get into that market and do what Google is doing.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
with all these patent wars going on, i cannot believe that samsung or htc havent looked into open webOS.
webOS is backed up by a shit-ton of mobile patents from palm. HP didn't care about webOS, they wanted the patents.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]now all these people have to wait 3 years before they get any updates for their POS Android toy[/citation]

Yet with the iPhone you have to spend a minimum of $200 and/or a 2 year contract to get ANY significant updates.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]Yet with the iPhone you have to spend a minimum of $200 and/or a 2 year contract to get ANY significant updates.[/citation]
every cell phone provider is about equal when it comes to phone prices and contracts...sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a fact....also when apple releases an update you don't have to wait for the carrier to push it through, you can update your phone as soon as the update becomes available, unlike android based crap-phones

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]s3-ftw[/nom]nebun , You really need to refine your shopping skills. I Just got a high density 2500 mAh bat with NFC for my S3 for 30$ off of eBay. It's lasting about 4h more than the OEM one. That lasted just about as long as the iPhone 4s does. Batteries are cheap and available for almost all android phones. Keep on buying the expensive charging cards for you IPhone 4s if you want extended battery life. As for the S3, the OLED screen is just the best on the market. LCD is going the way of the Dodo bird.[/citation]
2500 mha....that's nothing...try 4000mah...now that's an extended battery...why get one if you aren't going to get one that will last you at least a day with heavy usage?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]$8.15 on eBay. Free shipping, cover included. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_fro [...] Categories[/citation]
those aren't extended batteries...they aren't that much better at extended use when compared to the ones that come with the phones...look at some of the best "Mugen Power" extended batteries....i have a 4000mah and love it...sure it makes my phone a little thick but i don't care....it lasts me a day with very heavy usage :) with light use i can use the phone for about 4 days on one charge...when it comes to stuff like this i am not cheap and i will not try to save money

Status
Not open for further replies.