Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Early Teardown

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

oops, yes I'm talking about the htc one coming out soon: http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one/

:)

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Which is why none of us use https://play.google.com/store/apps/ [...] taskkillerPlease don't be so hateful... He's got a point[/citation]
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]only a 2600 mAh battery....android phones have so much crap running in the background that the batteries drain really fast....before you know it you have to recharge the damn thing every 30 min[/citation]
Task killers get you nowhere. Android takes care of itself.

He doesn't have a point, at least not one that isn't biased and incorrect. nebun said that Android phones have so much crap running that they need to be recharged every 30 minutes. That's blatantly false.

filenotfound

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]tarzan2001[/nom]I just hope the US market doesn't get shafted again when it comes to the CPU like they did with the Samsung Galaxy S3. Yes, I know a dual-core is "good enough" to do pretty much everything, but they marketed the S3 as having a beastly quad-core, and then gave the US market a dual-core, albeit with 2 GB of RAM. Now that we've been hearing about the S4 having a new 4+4 "octa-core" design for so many months generating so much interest for the phone and its potential, it would be extremely disappointing to see it being sold with "only" a quad-core (just like all of its competition) here in the US.[/citation]

Its because of battery life.
But what most dont know is here in america, most of the battery life has to go to talking to the cell towers, because they are so far apart, due to capitalism :p

I think if you asked if you would rather have more battery life or more cpu cores, 9/10 people will say battery life... i mean looking at the comments here, it seems people already think the battery life in the "gimped" us version is horrible lol

Now i have a galaxy S3, and i say the battery life is about, perfect. It should last a whole day, even if using it all day. Now if it has the quad core cpu, it would be far less, and thus be like a phone where you will likely have to charge it in the middle of the day if using it alot.

And really the hardware it does have, is "good enough". ive never noticed any lag, even when heavy multi-tasking, gaming, running n64/psx emulators, etc. (tho i keep on top of killing background apps that arnt needed, which you "should" be doing anyway).
I mean if you are really like (insert red neck accent) "i want more cores, cuz i donts wanna have to spend a whole 4 secondz exiting things that are runnin. i shouldnt have to exit nothin cuz my phone should be good enuf"
then god help you....

(also the more you have running in the background the faster the battery drains too!, so if you had the better cpu, and leave alot of stuff running, you will probably be getting like 4-6hrs on a full charge lol)

Maybe instead of spewing ignorant complaints, you can maybe do some research... maybe learn how to remedy problems you run into... maybe learn why things are the way they are... maybe learn even how things work...
if you have time to complain, you have more then enough time to do something about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.