Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One Win at Annual EISA Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
what imaging innovation has Samsung or HTC have brought. Samsung uses a generic BSI sensor at 1.13 micro, HTC One uses 4 micron sensor however, Samsung does not have Optical Image Stabilizer, HTC One has optical image stabilizer that was first introduced in smartphones by Lumia 920. So again why do these devices deserve the award in imaging department is beyond me. I cant believe NOKIA didnt win this.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

I think you're confusing everything. The HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 and the S4 mini didn't won the trophy of photo innovation. It was the Samsung Galaxy NX. It's a 20.3 MP android powered camera. It has a APC-C sensor, which is a lot larger than the one you mentioned. It's also the same type of sensor used in a lot of the entry level DSLRs.

HTC One won the Advanced Smartphone Award, has nothing to do with imaging. Don't mix things up.
Also, good job for Huawei.

hotice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Not that it really makes a difference but HTC did innovate with the camera on the HTC One. It uses three sensors in parallel to get better low light performance than any other phone camera, well it should be better than any phone except maybe the Moto X and the new Droids which use a pentile like design for the camera sensor trading some conventional subpixels for light sensing subpixels. I'm not sure how the One Compares to this design in low light.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
How could the HTC One win an advanced smart phone award when it doesn't offer an SD card or removable battery? Basic sounds more appropriate than advanced.

And shouldn't Samsung get the award for anything the HTC One wins considering most of its hardware is manufactured by Samsung?

Status
Not open for further replies.