Samsung Galaxy S4 Slows Down Under Heavy Load in 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to start releasing phones with Sailfish O/s, bloody good looking operating system with support for QT c++ programming for native software while also being able to use Android apps using Alien Dalvik.Incredibly fast, lightweight and solid operating system, will actually make use of all this hardware instead of it being required just to run bloody android itself.

Shaggy Bug

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Why is it that it takes samsung 4 months so far to release 4.4 for android but company's like htc Sony and lg have several phones running smoothly on 4.4 while samsung Is down with 2 they need to get it together

abimocorde

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

Quite happy with my Samsung devices. Maybe your problem is the user, not the hardware.

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I never knew the Galaxy S4 had a Snapdragon inside. I always thought it was one of Samsung's own Exynos series chips.

leandrolnh

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I never knew the Galaxy S4 had a Snapdragon inside. I always thought it was one of Samsung's own Exynos series chips.
There are two versions of GS4: the I9500 with the octa-core Exynos (3G only) and the I9505 with the Snapdragon 600 and LTE.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

flaxx

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
The 4yo iPhone 4 handles iOS7.1 just fine. Obviously it's not as fast as the 5s but I've used it and its pretty smooth. The 10 month old S4 can't run the latest Android OS? How pathetic is that?
The GS4 is the most stable smartphone on the market. The iPhone you referred to is the buggiest "high-end" phone anyone has bought in a long time.http://www.androidcentral.com/apps-crashed-most-gingerbread-things-have-improved-according-reportNice try, though.
Talk about a gross exaggeration. A 0.5% lower crash rate is so insignificant that a user would never even notice it. Furthermore, these are statistics from applications, not the OS, and I'm willing to bet it's due to lame Java programmers that know nothing about proper memory management. That's all fine in general applications (since Objective C has ARC), but when you develop games in OpenGS, that gets flushed out as you're using C on iOS. As as the article you referenced reads, "graphically-intensive games naturally crashed the most, while e-commerce apps crashed the least." You can have your outdated, abandoned phone. I'll take an iPhone any day of the week.

solarfinder

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I have experience perceived behavior like that of what you have reported. I live my phone, however, like with any device, heat kills. I'm running a custom rom with new management and my performance is maintained at my peril. Nice write up.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

Haha!... Now it's all gross exaggerations, because the iPhone is the buggy one? Cry me a river. Seems like you're used to it, considering how often your apps crashes... :)

You're correcting your own faulty assumptions while you're typing... What do you expect me to respond? "Yes, we know it's sad. Apple trolls has been lying through their teeth all these years". But we both already knew that, too, didn't we?

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
FIrst off, just because a phone's processor runs at it's maximum capability doesn't mean it's cheating. The Galaxy S4 is able to perform within the hardware specifications of it's design and in doing so can beat other comparable phones on the market. So, how is this cheating? If Samsung had modified the operating system to somehow exploit the benchmarks directly and push out inflated performance that was not real, then I could see it being called cheating. But, this is not the case here. So, all-in-all the Galaxy S4 is a superior product that is now handicapped by the new Kit Kat OS for no reason at all. Absolutely the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Add this debacle to the problem Kit Kat introduces with the restricted use of external storage and what you have a once great Google turning to absolute crap fast!

AGP123

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
The reason for this decrease in performance is indeed Samsung's retarded DVFS system. It can be fixed with no consequences using this mod, but it requires root, and you will void your warranty.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2674928

SamR0ck

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
People should start exploring alternative called "Windows Phone 8". Super stable, well designed and very efficient.

AGP123

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Seriously, more people need to know about this. Just before the new model releases, Samsung cripples performance of the old model. They're completely ruthless, market domination at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS