Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+: Hands-On Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Samsung is getting away from where they started and trying to copy Apple.

Its the big boy syndrome and they are going to be the cause of their own demise.

$800+ dollars for a phone.

We have competitors like Motorola (pure and style) and OnePlus (two) coming out with gorgeous high specd phones with more pure versions of Android that have less bloatware and unremovable crap apps on them for <=$400.

No way would I get a Samsung anymore. If I wanted something like an iPhone I would buy an iPhone!

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I guess that would have been true if you're tech illiterate, cknobman. Samsung is pushing technology forward at a rate none of the competitors can keep up with, which I guess is why they're all sending their trolls out in masses in a feeble attempt to dumb the consumers down.

Had you taken your time reading what you're commenting, you would have noticed that Samsung is first curved display edges, trued HD audio over bluetooth, their processors uses manufacturing processes only Intel can match, their storage is as fast as SSD storagem they're able to stack RAM three dimensionally, they're even building their own camera sensors now... I could make this list really long, as Samsung actually designs and builds almost every single component in their high-end phones these days. Which incidentally is the complete opposite to what Apple is doing, as they're just slapping a fruity logo on the back of a phone built by low cost factories in China.

gilbadon

Distinguished
@therealduckofdeath is right. Samsung does put out the latest and greatest most of the time which is why they can demand such a high price. They have much higher costs then the other companies. OnePlus has some of the lowest overhead of any company of its type. Without marketing and a strong R&D department, OnePlus has very low costs and can pass it over to the consumer.

Samsung is doing great things for the market, and until people stop wanting the latest and greatest thing (never), they will continue to buy from them. Especially while the transparency of cellphone contracts are so crappy.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Samsung is getting away from where they started and trying to copy Apple.

Its the big boy syndrome and they are going to be the cause of their own demise.

$800+ dollars for a phone.

We have competitors like Motorola (pure and style) and OnePlus (two) coming out with gorgeous high specd phones with more pure versions of Android that have less bloatware and unremovable crap apps on them for <=$400.

No way would I get a Samsung anymore. If I wanted something like an iPhone I would buy an iPhone!

Be cool, my brother. Here's some light reading to give you some perspective: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/flagships-midrange-smartphone-paradigm-split,29131.html

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
@therealduckofdeath & @gilbadon talk about your paid advertisment, lol

Fact is Samsung has over-saturated their own product line with redundant models
Bloated their phones with crappy software that contain spyware and drain your battery
Removed features important to consumers

You want to claim I am some competitors troll? Sorry not so
Samsung Galaxy S6 sales are in the crapper.
Here are just a few articles explaining how poorly they are doing:
http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-sales-2015-5
http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-samsung-galaxy-s6-sales-suck/#!
http://www.androidguys.com/2015/07/30/samsung-to-discount-galaxy-s6-as-sale-continue-to-disappoint-and-heres-why/

I will reiterate, they will be the cause of their own demise. Sure they may have great technology but they have a very flawed execution and now they are inflating the prices of their devices to insane levels.

Its a recipe for failure

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
What a piece of work from Samsung.... If I wanted an Iphone that ran android, I would just get the Iphone.... I have a 128gb MicroSD card in my Note 3 that I can't use with this Samsung Iphone and a 10,000mah battery that lasts 14 days that I can't use with this Samsung Iphone..... Might as well get an Iphone....

Wanted to replace my 10 year old TV's too, I guess they won't be Samsungs...... Lost my business with an $800 phone.... Loose my business with 2 $4000 tv's..... I guess I might as well look at Ipads too...

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
News flash, buddy. The iPhone doesn't run Android. And again, copy-pasting the same Apple employee trolling over and over doesn't change the fact that the iPhone is nothing but a POS, made in China, phone with a fruity toy logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.