Samsung Galaxy Tab Coming to Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
How much is this thing off-contract? i want one with NO strings tied, that way i can stick in my own sim like when i got my i-mate (which is now out of business).

no more spare parts for me..

MisterJohnnyT

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I would buy this IF...
Samsung didn't create such a fiasco out of every single one of their Galaxy S phones. I have the Samsung Vibrant... and their support is ATROCIOUS. The gps has never worked correctly, they are EXTREMELY slow to release updates (and then the updates don't work or make the phone WORSE). I cannot fathom buying another one of their devices. Oh, and when you do call for support, you are talking to someone in INDIA, who is of no help and does not even understand the most basic of tech concepts regarding their products. These amoled products are gorgeous and awesome when the work correctly, but unfortunately they all have serious issues that

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Anyone surprised?

Not me, Verzion overcharges for everything.

Give me $399 - $499 unsubsidized no contract wifi version or Ill pass.

With offering a 4.3 phone Verizon is already cutting into its own market. I own a 4.3 phone and its big enough and fast enough that I honestly have no need for another mobile carrier contracted android device but I would love something for the house on wifi (couch and toilet surfing).

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
$600 bucks for a loaded-down-with-Verizon's-crap tablet?

Thanks, but I'll pass in favor of the iPad 2, when it arrives (because this tablet has a comparable feature set to what Apple should have sometime next year.)

I don't want to pay extra for features on a phone I already own, especially one this expensive- like the GPS, which I'm guessing will cost an extra 10 bucks per month to use.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
512GB of RAM! Welcome to the new concept of Tablet Server!
With that much RAM I'd buy it, but, just don't let it run out of battery or you'd lose everything you put in it...

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Shame Verizon is not supporting voice on the American version of the Galaxy Tab, unlike the European version; big FAIL in my opinion.[/citation]

Well, haven't you read of all the limitations american cellphone providers gives in comparison to the european ones? That's no news...
and yeah, big FAIL!

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Shame Verizon is not supporting voice on the American version of the Galaxy Tab, unlike the European version; big FAIL in my opinion.[/citation]
You would actually consider owning a iOS or android device without jailbreaking/rooting? I think that's insane. First thing you should do when you get home is root it, update the os with a standard version, and add some nice apps for things like wireless hotspot and skype... Remember, in the US the law is on your side here.

Status
Not open for further replies.