Samsung HD TV display to PC via HDMI cable Problem

ronandavid

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Good Day !

im currently having a problem with my samsung hd tv whenever i try to connect it to my nvidia gpu via hdmi , this is what the display looks..

Connected to the Nvidia Gpu HDMI Slot via HDMI Cable ( Samsung HD TV )
https://ibb.co/ncmZxw

when i tried connecting the hdmi cable to the mobo hdmi slot it works perfectly.. it also works on my HKC 21.5" Led monitor via DVI Cable
i also tried connecting it to my Sony Bravia 43" TV via HDMI Cable and it works perfectly..

Connected to the Nvidia Gpu DVI Slot via DVI Cable ( HKC Led Monitor )
https://ibb.co/crHPxw

Heres my Nvidia Gpu Specs :
Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050Ti ( Asus Strix )
4 GB GDDR5 Video Memory
Connectivity : DVI*2 / HDMI 2.0 / Display Port 1.4

Samsung HD TV Specs :
Samsung HD TV UA - 32J4100 32" FLAT
Resolution : 1,366x768
Connectivity : HDMI 2 / USB 2

HDMI Cable Used :

Shivtech High - Speed HDMI Cable
*3d Video
*full hd 1080
10 meters length

and another hdmi cable 1 meter..
none of those hdmi cables works with my samsung hd tv..

i really need your help on this problem.. thnx a have a good day..

I don't know the solution to your problem, but I suspect it may be something with color coding. GPU may be sending picture coded in one color system, while TV thinks it is in different system. You should take a look at TV settings and see if you can change it. Also, check out in Device Manager how you TV is listed there - you may need to find specific color drivers for your TV and install them (files with ".icm" extension).

ronandavid

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

ronandavid

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
For some odd reason i have found the problem.. it has something to do with the screen resolution whenever i try to select the native resolution of the tv 1366x768 i get this choppy display.. my problem now is i cant find a good resolution for this samsung hdtv.. since i want to use the tv for gaming.. i really need help.. thanks.. and good day..

naihtims64

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

I had the same issue. My screen, a 32" Samsung HD LED TV, (which is no doubt an older samsung display than yours, but with the same native resolution) started looking identical to yours around November 2017. I thought my GTX 760 was going bad. I switched HDMI outputs on the card, on the TV, to no avail. This started happening following the November Windows 10 update 1709. Not sure why this update would have caused an issue, but it did. So I went out and bought a GTX 1060 hoping it would fix the issue. I nuked the drivers, installed the card and latest drivers. Nothing changed, still a garbage picture. So I was like.. what now eh? Did some digging, couldn't find any fixes.

So I just plugged in my regular 19" monitor and used that in the mean time. When I decided to dig some more, I found this particular thread in the forum. So I'm sitting there messing with the resolution on my CPU, like you did. 1280 x 800 seemed to be the best fix at the time. But then it dawned on me. NVIDIA also has the ability to mess with the resolution and such in its "NVIDIA Control Panel". So I launched that. I went to the "Change Resolution" link under the "Display" tab. I then selected my native resolution on the resolution drop down. Then I scrolled further down to "3. Apply the following settings". I selected "Use NVIDIA color settings" and then changed "Output Color Depth" to "8 bpc" and "Output dynamic range" to "Full". I hit apply and everything looked beautiful.

https://imgur.com/qaJ0cdF

I'm not saying that this will fix your problem, but it is worth a shot for you. I'm also not sure why the settings I changed would have caused a problem in the first place without changing them. Like I said in my previous comment, the problems started happening after I updated windows, not my NVIDIA driver. I have no way of knowing what default display settings changed when I updated windows; this is also the first time I've really messed around with the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I hope someone else finds some more insightful meaning in knowing this result.