Samsung Invests Another $4 Billion in Austin Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]booyaah[/nom]Whats a mn?[/citation]

Sometimes mn is erroneously used to abbreviate "million". Probably due to the confusion that a million is properly abbreviated MM, ie. millium milia, or a thousand thousands. This is the abbreviation used in finance. In SI (International Standard Units) M signifies a Mega, or a million though. So there's inconsistency.

Investing in local economy is a good thing. Too bad a foreign company has to come here and show the locals how it's done, because the locals are just too busy maximizing their bonuses by outsourcing.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Samsung, a Korean company creates jobs in America.
Apple, an American company creates jobs in China through a Chinese Company.

INB4 "BUT LOLOLOLOLOL APPLE CONTRACTS SAMSUNG TO MAKE CHIPZ THESE JOBS ARE HERE BECAUSE OF JOBZ LOLOLOLOLOL"

Samsung fabricates chips for all sorts of companies and this plant was primarily a flash chip manufactorium for Samsung devices before the Apple contracts.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Investing in local economy is a good thing. Too bad a foreign company has to come here and show the locals how it's done, because the locals are just too busy maximizing their bonuses by outsourcing.[/citation]
well said

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Are they trying to spend money fast before the court orders them to fork it over to Apple?

I definitely hope Samsung wins the case, it's only reasonable. But that the case has gone this far makes me lose faith in the system...

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hooray, backwards trade tarriffs imposed by the fed, and economic freedom policies of Texas mixed with increase costs of manufacturing in South Korea has made Samsung invest in healthy US manufacturing jobs.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Samsung aiming high on production... not for apple but for their Galaxy series. Business is booming for Samsung, only the rich can make business in US... unlike apple. too poor to own US companies and had to outsource over seas

[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Samsung aiming high on production... not for apple but for their Galaxy series. Business is booming for Samsung, only the rich can make business in US... unlike apple. too poor to own US companies and had to outsource over seas[/citation]

Dare I say, make those comments again when Apple isn't making 75% of the mobile profits.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Dare I say, make those comments again when Apple isn't making 75% of the mobile profits.[/citation]

Check the status of mobile phone sales eddie, statistic shows apple is down to 45% and 65% are now Android/Windows. You havent been keeping up with your tech news.

again...

Samsung aiming high on production...not for apple but for their Galaxy series. Business is booming for Samsung, only the rich can make business in US... unlike apple. too poor to own US companies and had to out source over seas

May I add... 50% of their 75% mobile profit was not from mobile but from from having cheap labor cost in other country. They drain as much money from cheap workers as they can, what a money hungry company...

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]LukeCWM[/nom]Are they trying to spend money fast before the court orders them to fork it over to Apple?I definitely hope Samsung wins the case, it's only reasonable. But that the case has gone this far makes me lose faith in the system...[/citation]
It gives more reason the Judge to play in Samsung's favour...political influence will certainly weights in here.....Foreign company investing billions....you don't wanna piss em off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS