Samsung Launches 24-inch Monitor Using MVA Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
that image makes it seem like it has thin bezels and would be great for triple monitoring... alas we'll have to wait for more details. unfortunately the connectivity is more than a bit lacking. Why U Hate DVI and Displayport Samsung???

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

because windows sucks at scaling with high resolutions.

Windows can scale any resolution your graphics card supports. Besides, from the connectors on this monitor, it seems geared towards playing movies on it, and one would be hard pressed to find movies that use more than 1080p at the moment.

jujuvivi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

So why is the monitor industry obsessed/stuck to play movies at 1920x1080??
Aren't there TVs for these already?
Computers can exploit much higher resolution for a long time.
QHD or very thin bezels is what we all need! (which can also play HD movies by the way).

grokem

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I think christarp got unfairly down voted. This really is the reaon why the entire monitor industry on the PC side is producing 72-100 dpi monitors. Apple has almost entirely moved to higher 126dpi monitors in most of its lineup. The only monitors that are sold on the PC side that have more than about 80dpi are for professionals that are fine with smaller text and need the resolution as well as better color handling. This is why there are no or very few monitors that are higher than 1080p that also don't cost a fortune. They all have very good color performance.
Don't believe me? I dare you to try and run your computer for a day at anything but the default 96dpi. The OS itself will be fine but you will hate the font rendering and applications will break. OSx and Linux will do this with no problem.

ttnuagmada

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I wish more companies were making good VA/MVA panels. The black performance on IPS screens is so beyond atrocious, that it boggles the mind to see them growing in popularity.

G

1080p lol really? Get with the program people there are higher res choices out there, you just need to look. Ive been using a 30" 2560 x 1600 display for 2 years now and never looked back. Worth the extra cost.

jujuvivi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

nope for me. These higher dpi are mostly a waist (Mac or PC)! Except some niches, it only serves people with good eyes who prefer a very clean screen.
BUT, in reality, nothing more is displayed, otherwise it's way too small and unusable to read or to interact with.
The goal is BIGGER resolution with BIGGER screen (or very thin bezels multi-screens) so the DPI is similar. I really don't care so much of all their IPS, MVA or black level... When I code, use office, surf the web, email or play games, I need more real estate, that my hardware can already handle very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.