Samsung LS27H850QFNXGO 26.9" WQHD PLS 4ms - Any experience with it?

jasonjdietrich

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I ordered this online today to go with my new build. There are almost no reviews about it though. One read, "solid, but probably not for gamers". It seems to me though that the specs would be more than decent considering my GPU is at best considered a lower to mid-range card.

I'll be running it on an msi GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB GPU at (native) 2k resolution.

Does anyone have any experience with this monitor?

Display Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
Diagonal Size: 26.9"
Adaptive-Sync Technology: AMD FreeSync
Built-in Devices: USB hub
Panel Type: Plane to Line Switching (PLS)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 16:9
Native Resolution: WQHD 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz
Brightness: 350 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Color Support: 1.07 billion colors
Response Time: 4 ms (gray-to-gray)
Horizontal Viewing Angle: 178
Vertical Viewing Angle: 178
Backlight Technology: LED backlight

Interfaces: HDMI ¦ DisplayPort ¦ Headphones ¦ USB-C

sh850-series-26-9-ls27h850qfnxgo_Default
sh850-series-26-9-ls27h850qfnxgo_04

jasonjdietrich

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
The monitor specifications can be found at https://www.samsung.com/us/business/products/computing/monitors/800-series/sh850-series-26-9-ls27h850qfnxgo/ but it lacks detailed specifics in relation to input port revisions. The msi GPU supports DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0b. Samsung technical support was unable to help.

I believe I've made a good choice. I chose this one over other similar displays of WQHD technology because I read that the monitor casing is solid, as is the stand (which apparently doesn't wobble,) and it has a great adjustment options. Plus, it comes with a standard 3-year warranty, which is a bonus.

If any of the moderators read this, perhaps you can suggest a future review of it? It was released this past summer (2017), so that's probably why I can't find many reviews yet - professional or end-user.