Samsung Merging Bada Components With Tizen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I can't see how Android has brought them financial woe's recently as they are posting record profits. All of the litigation against them was due to redesign decisions that they made to alter the stock OS. If they would actually install the OS as Google designed it, they wouldn't have nearly the fragmentation issues, or lawsuits that currently impact their product line.

As for BADA it was DoA, now they are trying to use some other unheard of OS when the solution is right in front of them. I would prefer them use BB10 than some other unknown crapware.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Article[/nom] The company is reportedly wanting to distance itself from Android -- which has seemingly brought it financial grief over the last few years thanks to Apple's patent arsenal – so that it's not quite so reliant on one platform. [/citation]

Lol que?

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
''The company is reportedly wanting to distance itself from Android''
Right.... I'm sure they would have had the success they had without Android.
/potato

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
The company is reportedly wanting to distance itself from Android -- which has seemingly brought it financial grief over the last few years thanks to Apple's patent arsenal – so that it's not quite so reliant on one platform.
How much information about the author we can get from single sentence. Let's try it:
1. "The company is reportedly wanting to distance itself from Android" - FUD originated in Cupertino, CA and Seattle, WA. I guess he is a bit lazy to do real reporting instead he defaults to repeating others information.
2. "... which has seemingly brought it financial grief over the last few years ..." - He is badly misinformed and lazy to verify his statement. As others pointed out Samsung is posting record profits thanks to Android, that now FUD machine in Cupertino and Seattle has changed the subject. Check your FUD source for updates. There is new tune now: "Samsung is thread to Google". And "Galaxy is taking over Android brand". bla... bla... bla...
3. "... thanks to Apple's patent arsenal ..." - misinformation again. The patents that Apple inserted against Samsung in the first trial are preliminary invalidated by USPTO. Apple have to spend some money and effort to save them and there are no guaranty they will succeed. I guess that is why Apple is on the hurry to continue with second trial.

OR... I hope he is well paid to be lazy and misinformed.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
The company is reportedly wanting to distance itself from Android -- which has seemingly brought it financial grief over the last few years thanks to Apple's patent arsenal – so that it's not quite so reliant on one platform.

I thought design aesthetics was the real culprit in the patent litigation not the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.