Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Hi all !
I have this old mini-book
Specs :
Cpu : Intel Atom n2800
Ram : 2gigs of ram
HDD : 320 gigs
The HDD gave me all kind of BSOD and some S.M.A.R.T errors too (05,196,199) tried with a new ssd nothing changed , some times the HDD led would go off just like that and the whole pc would freeze ..tried cold restting ..the new thing is , i can't access the bios anymore all i have is a spinning fan two led's for power and network and a blank screen ..some folks advised me to change the CMOS battery ...this seems like a challenging task for me considering the battery is soldered to the wires i will try to upload some pics ..😕

Solution
Good news !
I just figured out what was causing the problem ..i had to reset the cmos , the first try didn't work out cause i used a small screw-driver to shorten the two very tiny metal dots on the mobo ..for a few seconds ...this time i took my time (more than 5 seconds) and it worked !!! 😀

Ralston18

Titan
Wires soldered to the battery but it appears that there is a white plug on the other end.

You should be able to unplug the battery and then remove it.

Use a magnifying glass if necessary to examine the plug and battery. You may be able to determine how to remove the battery.

Does the following link show the laptop?

https://www.91mobiles.com/samsung-n...n-1-gb-320-gb-dos-laptop-price-in-india-60053

Two things are needed: User Guide/Manual for the laptop and the Part Number for a replacement battery.

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Wires soldered to the battery but it appears that there is a white plug on the other end.

You should be able to unplug the battery and then remove it.

Use a magnifying glass if necessary to examine the plug and battery. You may be able to determine how to remove the battery.

Does the following link show the laptop?

https://www.91mobiles.com/samsung-n...n-1-gb-320-gb-dos-laptop-price-in-india-60053

Two things are needed: User Guide/Manual for the laptop and the Part Number for a replacement battery.
It's this one Link ! but in black .

Ralston18

Titan
Unless you can find an online service manual for the Samsung NC108-P09ID that specifically lists a part number for the battery your options are limited.

You may need to unplug that little "round" battery and unwrap the black tape. Hopefully you will find a standard "button battery" inside (e.g., 2032) snapped or fitted into a small holder. With black electrical tape being used to hold the actual battery in place. Plus insulate it as well.

Start here:

Samsung website

Reactions: Sk8ter

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for the link 😊
Quick update :
i just replaced the old cmos battery with an equivalent 2032 model , turned on the system and prayed for some miracle , unfortunately nothing changed .
Same symptoms power and HDD led's on, cpu fan spinning the rest is dead silent.😕

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Good news !
I just figured out what was causing the problem ..i had to reset the cmos , the first try didn't work out cause i used a small screw-driver to shorten the two very tiny metal dots on the mobo ..for a few seconds ...this time i took my time (more than 5 seconds) and it worked !!! 😀

Solution

TRENDING THREADS