Samsung NVMe 960 EVO M.2 SSD can't be detected in Windows 10 Installer

Aug 3, 2018
Hello all,
So recently I built my first Desktop and bought a Samsung NVMe 960 EVO M.2 SSD as well. The problem is that Windows 10 Installer will not detect it. Even after booting in my old laptop's HDD (Windows 10) which I installed on this PC, the ssd will appear normally in Device Manager but only there. It won't appear in Disk management (Note: there's no unallocated space either) ,in Task Manager or as a drive in "My Computer". What's strange though is that Task Manager found it in the very beginning of the first boot but stopped doing so after a while. The motherboard's name is AB350M-DS3H.

After a lot Google searching, I have tried almost everything with no success:
-Upgraded BIOS to last version
-Downgraded BIOS to previous versions
-DIsabled CSM Support and Secure Boot and Keys are cleared
-Sata Mode is AHCI
-Tried to install Windows 10 from 2 different USB sticks
-Tried to install Linux
-Tried commands in Windows Installer cmd like fixmbr, fixboot, diskpart etc. to fix errors or detect the drive
-Reseted CMOS battery
-Reinstalled the SSD making sure it fits and connects correctly to the motherboard
-Uninstalled the SSD from the Device Manager
-Ran Samsung's exe which contained the SSD's latest driver version. Even moved it in a USB stick and tried to load the driver by clicking the "Load Drivers" option in Windows Installer.
-Used Samsung's software "Samsung Magician" and "Data Migration". They were both unable to detect the SSD.
-Tried MiniTool partition software which failed detecting the SSD too.

and probably more which I am forgetting right now. So I would like to ask your opinion if there's something that can be done here or did I just buy a faulty SSD that needs to be replaced?
Sorry for the long post and thanks!

Solution
You don't need to be looking for it if you are installing Windows 10 on it. You only need for the M.2 drive to be the only storage drive connected.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector. Your M.2 SSD contains UEFI driver information within the firmware. By disabling the CSM module Windows will read and utilize the M.2-specific UEFI driver

Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.

Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, not windows UEFI.

Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.

Insert a USB memory stick with a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup* on it, USB3 is...
You don't need to be looking for it if you are installing Windows 10 on it. You only need for the M.2 drive to be the only storage drive connected.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector. Your M.2 SSD contains UEFI driver information within the firmware. By disabling the CSM module Windows will read and utilize the M.2-specific UEFI driver

Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.

Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, not windows UEFI.

Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.

Insert a USB memory stick with a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup* on it, USB3 is quicker but USB2 works also. A Windows DVD won’t work unless you’ve created your own UEFI Bootable DVD.

Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.

Windows 10 will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.

When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.

Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode.

Click on key management and install default secure boot keys

Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install. Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives.

*How to create a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup
https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-create-a-bootable-uefi-usb-drive-with-windows-10-setup/

Solution