[SOLVED] Samsung Odessey G7 triple dilemma

warner_no_9

Commendable
Feb 24, 2018
Ok so I have three Samsung G7 32in monitors intended for a Sim Racing setup but my excitement has subsided quite a bit over the last few days as I've been hearing people say things like the distortion for three of these would be terrible due to how deep the curve is, that lining the side monitors with the centre image would be a nightmare again due to that curve along with some serious bow tie effect.

Sadly given I'm still waiting on my TR160 I can't mount them nor do I have the desk or floor space to try them to see what they are like (plus unboxing them brings it's own set of potential pitfalls from what I've seen in YT videos). I have posted elsewhere to try and get as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

So does anyone out there with a knowledge of setting up curved triples, dealing with screen distortion or better yet, anyone who also have 3 of these things offer any wisdom as to whether I should keep or return these things? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. No, i don't want the G9 or any other ultrawide, i already have one so please do NOT suggest it/them. Also don't worry about my PC specs, it's irrelevant at this point.

Solution
Well, since you have the monitors and just waiting for the mounts. I think the only thing to do is try it.
What really matters is what the game developer anticipated. I think recent versions of DirectX handle the camera settings unless the developer purposely changed it, so you can change the cameras behavior based on your own setup. But I would need to dig into how you do this. It may be automatic through Windows or your graphics supplier control panel.
Older games will most likely stretch since the camera is expecting a single flat display in front of the user.
A sim game should support different monitor setups since it's expected people will have multiple monitors or VR.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Well, since you have the monitors and just waiting for the mounts. I think the only thing to do is try it.
What really matters is what the game developer anticipated. I think recent versions of DirectX handle the camera settings unless the developer purposely changed it, so you can change the cameras behavior based on your own setup. But I would need to dig into how you do this. It may be automatic through Windows or your graphics supplier control panel.
Older games will most likely stretch since the camera is expecting a single flat display in front of the user.
A sim game should support different monitor setups since it's expected people will have multiple monitors or VR.

Solution