Samsung Previews Windows 8 AIO Intel-Based PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]"...Intel HD Graphics 4000." -> PASS![/citation]
Not for gamers obviously. I'm sure your mom can do a mean round of farmville on it though.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]"...Intel HD Graphics 4000." -> PASS![/citation]
Did you miss the first one that is sporting a HD7850M?

Besides, the HD4K has gone leaps and bounds beyond what crappy Intel HD chipsets used to be capable of. For an all-in-one, HD4K is more than enough. It's not like this is a high-performance gaming machine.

Do a lot of people buy non-Apple AIO PCs? I know many people who buy iMacs, but that's because they're the only Mac 'desktop' they sell (the Pro is more of a workstation), and they're looking for Macs.

Not hating on Windows/OEMs, just curious if these actually sell given the amount of money companies pour into them.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Do a lot of people buy non-Apple AIO PCs? I know many people who buy iMacs, but that's because they're the only Mac 'desktop' they sell (the Pro is more of a workstation), and they're looking for Macs.Not hating on Windows/OEMs, just curious if these actually sell given the amount of money companies pour into them.[/citation]

I know of one person personally who has thought of purchasing an AIO. I own an iMac but never use it and just use my gaming PC for everything.

AIO's are good, cheap and powerful space savers if someone who owns an old slow PC upgrades to one, but to those of us with computers already, they are more of a novelty but that's just my opinion.

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Do a lot of people buy non-Apple AIO PCs? I know many people who buy iMacs, but that's because they're the only Mac 'desktop' they sell (the Pro is more of a workstation), and they're looking for Macs.Not hating on Windows/OEMs, just curious if these actually sell given the amount of money companies pour into them.[/citation]

Who can answer accurately to "a lot of people"?

They're AIO multi touch, not just AIO remember.

My parents have one and really like it (Win 7 machine with Win 8 RP on it), my brother is thinking hard on one for the kitchen/dining area. they're very quiet and space saving, the large screen ones are the way to go I think, 25"+.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
AIOs are for fashion victims. Low powered components (3770T and 7850M), you can't replace the screen, CPU, MB, graphics (right?), yet it isn't really portable. It's a desktop with all the disadvantages of a laptop - why not instead get a laptop and an external display?

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]AIOs are for fashion victims. Low powered components (3770T and 7850M), you can't replace the screen, CPU, MB, graphics (right?), yet it isn't really portable. It's a desktop with all the disadvantages of a laptop - why not instead get a laptop and an external display?[/citation]
hah thats funny lol, and 101% true

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]AIOs are for fashion victims. Low powered components (3770T and 7850M), you can't replace the screen, CPU, MB, graphics (right?), yet it isn't really portable. It's a desktop with all the disadvantages of a laptop - why not instead get a laptop and an external display?[/citation]

Because you can't attach those to a wall and have a complete package in one place that allows multi touch with no mouse to deal with and a keyboard tucked away unless you need it.

Touch AIO's are designed as appliances, not meant as a primary machine or necesarily as a device to do serious work, or play on for that matter. No upgrades would be needed it this case. Fashion doesn't enter into it, they serve a different purpose then our gaming rigs, and our work notebooks.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I think the $1000+ models should have an SSD. Heck almost every $1000+ computer should have an SSD these days, unless of course you want something else in the same amount of money...

sesante2000

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
The 7850m isn't too bad. 640 Shaders at 675Mhz. More or less the same as a 7750.
You can crank some LFD2 on high setting or whatever other games use less demanding engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.