Question Samsung s22d300hy goes randomly black for a second during games

Apr 13, 2022
It happens in only some games (seems to be the more intense ones) where randomly, but sometimes often, the screen will go completely black, and then come back, during this time, the game is still going as normal, the cpu and gpu seem to be functioning completely normally.
It seems to happen much more often of I increase the resoultion or fps ,in some games such as middle earth: shadow of mordor playing in 1080p 60fps (capped) is straight up impossible due to the extreme frequency of blackening (despite my gpu and cpu not even being fully utilised, not even 75%)
lowering the resoultion or the fps cap seems to decrease the frequency, but not fix it.
What should it do? My gpu drivers are up to do and everything.

Apr 13, 2022
Just a idea but you could try installing MSI afterburner and lowering the clocks of the GPU a little and see if it fixes it. Worked for someone else some time ago
Okay I'll do that when I'm at my pc in a few hours, Iv already been using msi after burner to monitor all my parts. I'm wondering tho how would lowering the clocks help. If the gpu isn't going to its max anyway.
I'll try tho. Thanks for the suggestion
Iv also stress tested my entire pc, it stays at 100% and everything is fine, temps are fine and everything, and the screen doesn't do any of the weird blackening. It only happens in intense games. And it seems that gpu usage doesn't matter (from what Iv tested) it's just...the higher fps, or resoultion. Cause more frequent blackening. And if high enough. You will end up seeing more black than gameplay.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Okay I'll do that when I'm at my pc in a few hours, Iv already been using msi after burner to monitor all my parts. I'm wondering tho how would lowering the clocks help. If the gpu isn't going to its max anyway.
I'll try tho. Thanks for the suggestion
Iv also stress tested my entire pc, it stays at 100% and everything is fine, temps are fine and everything, and the screen doesn't do any of the weird blackening. It only happens in intense games. And it seems that gpu usage doesn't matter (from what Iv tested) it's just...the higher fps, or resoultion. Cause more frequent blackening. And if high enough. You will end up seeing more black than gameplay.
You can also try testing prime95 and 3DMark, see if the pc is stable there. Also check your monitor cables.

Apr 13, 2022
You can also try testing prime95 and 3DMark, see if the pc is stable there. Also check your monitor cables.
Okay....so Iv stress tested the pc again, and this isn't very good news for me, but the screen did go black a few times during the test, specifically when I did something like open a program during the test (like msi after burner) and also randomly
My cables seem to be fine. But now I feel like the gpu could be the problem, but that's so weird, because during the blackening, nothing seems to stop. In games for example. The game continues while the screen is black. Sound is fine, everything is fine, just the screen goes black.
I have jo idea what's the cause now.
lowering the clocks also did nothing.
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Okay....so Iv stress tested the pc again, and this isn't very good news for me, but the screen did go black a few times during the test, specifically when I did something like open a program during the test (like msi after burner) and also randomly
My cables seem to be fine. But now I feel like the gpu could be the problem, but that's so weird, because during the blackening, nothing seems to stop. In games for example. The game continues while the screen is black. Sound is fine, everything is fine, just the screen goes black.
I have jo idea what's the cause now.
lowering the clocks also did nothing.
Any help would be appreciated
Just a hunch but could be that the vram of the GPU is going bad.
Did you try lowering the clocks with afterburner a bit?

Apr 13, 2022
Just a hunch but could be that the vram of the GPU is going bad.
Did you try lowering the clocks with afterburner a bit?
That would be bad...is there a way for me to test it out? When I stress tested the gpu and the screen blacked, vram usage wasn't high. Playing games that are less intense is fine. It's just...the more demanding ones...
I have tried lowering the clocks, I lowered them a little bit which did nothing. And I lowered them drastically...which also did nothing.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
That would be bad...is there a way for me to test it out? When I stress tested the gpu and the screen blacked, vram usage wasn't high. Playing games that are less intense is fine. It's just...the more demanding ones...
I have tried lowering the clocks, I lowered them a little bit which did nothing. And I lowered them drastically...which also did nothing.
Yea doesn’t look good for the GPU, I would prepare myself to buy a new one.