Samsung Sells Three TVs Per Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]How much TVs end up in the landfill every second?[/citation]
Soon to be less then how much Smartphones will end up in the landfill every second.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Agreed. I'm in third world country but my siblings can't stop acquiring new TVs before the old one is unusable. They replaced our old 32" CRT with a 32" LED from Samsung that has worse colors and contrast aside from the fact that they insist on stretching the local channel video to make full use of the screen.

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
I wouldn't mind a Samsung Console in my living room but please don't follow the path of Sony, Microsoft, & Nintendo, They generified every game genre. that nothing stands out these days.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]And Samsung produces every component of those TVs, unlike a certain patent troll...[/citation]

Samsung incorporates most of their own technology, however, Samsung as a company operates as separate business units. It is not uncommon to see components by Sony or smaller companies inside their TVs.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
They might be selling at that rate, but the return rate is high! Entering any electronics store, I usually see a high number of open box returned Samsung TV over any other brand...

[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]They might be selling at that rate, but the return rate is high! Entering any electronics store, I usually see a high number of open box returned Samsung TV over any other brand...[/citation]
That's because Samsung outsells any other brand out there. For theoretically same failure rate, you'll see Samsung TVs more often because their absolute numbers are higher. It's like entering an Apple store and seeing all these Apple devices being returned/serviced.
Can you show us the data you based your assumption on, aside from your personal wishful thinking? Some actual market comparisons for failure rates? Or Samsung is "just" responsible for WW2 in your opinion, and has to be hated on by everybody?

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
My Samsung 55" LED lasted 8 days before turning all grey. I took it back for a 58" Panasonic Plasma and have had it for almost 2 years without a glitch. Bad experience, I'm sure the TVs are fine, but that really rubbed me the wrong way after spending $2500 on a TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.