Samsung Series 7 11.6" Slate: Breathing New Life Into Tablet PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
Do. Want. Finally - a tablet that doesn't require a proprietary operating system that needs 1,000,000,000 apps for every website on the internet in order to function properly. It has an SSD and not flash memory. It has a real working version of Windows - with a great interface on top of it. This looks like a tablet I can get behind.

G

A very nice tablet! Hoping that ivy bridge will allow faster processers without creating too much heat and saving battery. I'm really looking into getting a tablet in the future to replace my notebook and this looks is very reassuring that things are improving :p.

G

What about the digitizer? I appreciate the comparisons to the Asus EEE Slate, but that has a 256-level pressure sensitive wacom digitizer on top of the screen. And no mention of it or what is on this device?

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Instead of current sandybridge (i.e hd 3000) the should give an amd llano which has a better gpu or the ivy bridge mobile cpus (which is with hd 4000 gpu) and a lower TDP.

Isn't it a little steep for a 1000$....??? After all it's a Samsung, 11.6Inch Tab.......
I think it'd be a lot more wiser to buy a laptop for that price and get a much more efficient and powerful piece of tech.

gondor

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Why is it called an ass wipe keyboard ? I'm sure the marketing team behind this brilliance could easily come up with something more catchy.

ldetex

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Instead of buying a case and a stand, why not put a hinge in the case and it would do double duty. Throw in a few keys into the base and you get more productive and dont have to worry about loss of the stylus. A super thin laptop with a great display and an SSD, such as LG has introduced into Japan, is so much better,

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
What about the digitizer? I appreciate the comparisons to the Asus EEE Slate, but that has a 256-level pressure sensitive wacom digitizer on top of the screen. And no mention of it or what is on this device?

Same deal on the Samsung Slate.

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
This model has a noticeable problem where the screen separates from the bezel. Was strongly considering buying this laptop before that, hopefully thou now it may be fixed.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/46145-everyone-who-own-slate-please-post-you-batchnumber-modelnummer-state-screen.html

No problem with ours. Used it pretty heavy for over a month.

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010

Um? What? o_O The A500 is a Tegra 2 and the W500 is Brazos.

Status
Not open for further replies.