News Samsung Showcases 57-Inch Odyssey Neo G9 Dual-UHD Gaming Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr3ams

Respectable
Sep 29, 2021
I have a 34" ultra wide and I can still see every thing in front of me, but a 57" display would make me turn my head too many times. Like watching a tennis match.

Reactions: freedizzle

freedizzle

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
I have a 34" ultra wide and I can still see every thing in front of me, but a 57" display would make me turn my head too many times. Like watching a tennis match.
This is my experience with the 48" g9 neo, which I no longer use as my work monitor, as I couldn't find a way to make good use of the display space without having to turn my head back and forth. One key issue is the low DPI. It is too low of a DPI to practically support 3 side-by-side desktops... either you sit far away and treat it as a single large desktop or you sit closer and deal with a low DPI and having to turn your head left and right. For work, I'm happier with something 30ish inches and a bunch of virtual desktops.

Call me silly, but at this point, for displays 27" or bigger, I do prefer if they are curved. I'm just used to it and anything else feels wrong.

IMO these huge ultrawide displays are mainly useful for FPS games, where they can be pretty immersive. For sim driving, VR or a triple monitor setup is better... at least until the displays get larger and with a lot more curve, then they'll be pretty good I think for sim driving.

Reactions: Dr3ams
Status
Not open for further replies.