Samsung Sues LG Display for Lacking Innovation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
I understand what Samsung is saying.

The patent system is going crazy... like you can patent "round corners" of a rectangle ???

whats next?

Patents should be given to SERIOUS Ideas .

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Until the orginal Iphone came out you could have sued all the other smart phone makers for lacking innovation. Same could be said of when the Ipad came out. Sure there are plenty of great smartphones/tablets on the market now. This is an LG/Samsung article, Apple should never have been included in the comments but since so many did. I add my little bit.

madchemist83

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]An article that doesn't even involve Apple yet some loser tries to bring them into the argument anyway. And even using the term "iCrapple" with the properly capitalized C. What are you, 12?[/citation]
probably not 12 ... but Apple is still crap and should be mentioned in any article that has Samsung all over it

madchemist83

Distinguished
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Then its truly sad. Apple is a great American company and they have a right to hate on Apple if they must. Personally I prefer to buy from American company than always from foreign companies since that was a trend during the 80s-90s. Glad to see USA firmly back in the consumer electronics industry!!![/citation]
How is it great American company when everything is made in China ? Samsung supplies displays for Apple. So please leave ur patriotism in a shed outside.

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Really does everyone here complain and troll without reading the whole article?
its clearly mentioned that LG Display got most of its key technology by stealing data from Samsung or buying stolen secrets..
in this case Samsung is right to sue for lack of innovation...

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Then its truly sad. Apple is a great American company and they have a right to hate on Apple if they must. Personally I prefer to buy from American company than always from foreign companies since that was a trend during the 80s-90s. Glad to see USA firmly back in the consumer electronics industry!!![/citation]

Err..iPhone...RAM/CPU/GPU made by Samsung....Assemble at Foxconn in China....why are you so proud buying imitation US product???

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]If they could, you know, compete a little faster, that would be awesome. Maybe get this desktop monitor thing going?[/citation]
Complete rubish, LG's screen designs are LCD-based while Samsung's expert of field (in display technology) is Amoled. Is Samsung jealous that LG got to make the nexus 4 instead of them?

Again 2 companies with way too much money in their pockets. They BOTH deserve to get fined as heavy as possible. Alone for waisting time of the judges and courts.

I am going right now to sue my ex girlfriend! SHe had no Innovation in bed for 3 years!
Arent we kinda blowing this sueing thing out of proportion? Lack of innovation... hell, how many things have that... how about car companies, or pencils... how about toilet paper or underwear... and even more scary, how CALL OF DUTY.

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

Apple doesn't manufacture anything in the USA.

Samsung does! And they are spending another couple billions to expand it!

PS: Read up on Double Irish Agreement too.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
By this example alone, the ENTIRE industry should be sued because its NOT innovative AT ALL.
They are using outdated and inefficient materials along with methods of production to produce 60 to 100 years outdated technology (compared to where out scientific knowledge actually is).

The entire industry is creating a revision after revision of SAME technology once every 12 to 24 months... they are NOT producing the BEST of what is technologically possible with highest efficiency in mind using superior synthetic materials that can be made in abundance... because THAT would be 'cost prohibitive' (and lets not forget, it would relatively quickly KILL long term profits).
Lets also not forget planned obsolescence, etc. etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.