Samsung to Offer Better Battery Option For Galaxy S III

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I normally run my s3 no more than a quarter of its brightness level battery lasts me 1 day and 18 hours. If you play games then probably less than 1 day depending how much you play!. They should focus in making batteries with more capacity keeping the same size, it is akward to have a phone like this and having a back end huge...I see it coming..

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
-auto brightness with smart stay - who has time to adjust brightness
-wifi always on - who wants to toggle wifi on and off
-2g/3g/4g mobile data always on, who turns them off anyway?
With normal usage, I can get my Samsung Galaxy S3 to last 2 days.

If they can get 3000mah into the same package size and @ $50, I'll line it for it like the sheeps.
With 3000mah, I should be able to get 3 days ;) and last a whole weekend trip.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I don't know what you people are doing with your phones and how much you use them, but i charge my S III once or twice a week.
I check my email, i open some websites to check some news and i occasionally make calls. Who has time to use the phone the whole day?
Imho it's a sad thing to see that people are whining about the battery life, cause that means that you're either a 15 years old with no job or a grown man with no life.
And please don't say to me " yeah, i use my smartphone a lot, cause i work with it"....what the hell are you working...?
A co-worker of mine, comes 20 minutes earlier to work and she stays in her car only to be in facebook. Then when i go home i can see that she was posting crap on facebook in the early morning, in the breaks and 30 minutes after she left work.
Some people are crazy....and Samsung, you did a great job with the battery life, thank you.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
While it's not clear exactly how much of a battery boost the new pack will deliver

It's a 3000mAh battery vs a 2100mAh battery, if it's fully charged it should just give you exactly 42% (3000/2100) more battery life than you had before.

mrmez

Splendid

Fair enough. Im just of the opinion that regardless of the phone, if you are a heavy user it probably won't last the day.

Do you ever turn your phone on 2G when you have WiFi and are using it a lot for calls? Not that you can with the 5 :/
Most phones will give ~ double the talk time over 2G compared to 3G.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Fair enough. Im just of the opinion that regardless of the phone, if you are a heavy user it probably won't last the day.Do you ever turn your phone on 2G when you have WiFi and are using it a lot for calls? Not that you can with the 5 Most phones will give ~ double the talk time over 2G compared to 3G.[/citation]
I have Verizon and they don't have 2G in my area. It's either 4G or 3G if reception is bad. But I was referring to my coworker who uses the iPhone for pretty much every call he sends or receives. Don't get me wrong, my phone lasts about half as long, but it has an older battery with more charge cycles. I have respect for the iPhones with their considerably longer battery lives than pretty much everything else.

brushrop03

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
[citation][nom]kj3639[/nom]I run CM10 on my S3 and generally keep brightness levels down. I can almost achieve two days on a single charge with a 2100 mAh battery.[/citation]
I think battery life is a little better on Touchwiz roms. I've been using CM10 for a long time and haven't been too impressed with battery life. Switched back to TW just to see what the updates were looking like and saw a noticeable difference in battery life.

@makaveli316 I'm a grown man with a job and I can go 1.5 days without charging. How you're only doing it once or twice a week is beyond me. I have people calling me, text messages, instant message, social networking, etc. Maybe you're just not one to be always connected? Seems like you have a Galaxy but not really taking advantage of it if it's sitting in your pocket 90% of the day. Why not just get a flip phone? It's a new day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.